Chapter Eight: Sleep Well, Beautiful

Phil's POV

***

After finally pulling away from almost the millionth hug tonight (yes, sarcasm), Dan gives me the brightest smile I've ever seen. He bops my nose before jumping up from the bed.

"I'll be right back," I give him a questionable look and he giggles, running out of the room and coming back with a piece of paper, "May I see the book, please?" I nod, handing him the book and he slips in the slip of paper in a random spot in the book.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask, still slightly confused.

"Well.. I've finished the book so you should start reading it. Like, right now." I give him a smile and he smiles back, and he is literally jittering with excitement. I can see it in his eyes. I don't know what's gotten him into this mood, but I'm happy that he's happy.

He hands the book out to me and I take it, opening the book to the first chapter and I begin reading. I get to the second chapter and there I find the piece of paper Dan had slipped into the book. I start reading cautiously, although it wasn't very long:

'Phil.. would you do the honors of being my boyfriend? -Dan x'

I smile, my eyes widening and I look back up at him. He's biting his lip but still smiling, and I'm pretty sure we're both smiling from ear to ear. I can't manage to speak, so I give him a nod. His eyes brighten and he looks the happiest I've ever seen him.

"R-really?"

I nod again, "Yes, really." I quickly give him a quick hug and kiss his dimples. He's blushing and I giggle, poking his dimple. He lets out a small yawn and he cuddles up to me more, his eye lids a bit drooped.

"You tired?" He nods, "You can sleep."

"Where do you want me to sleep? I-I can sleep on the floor if you prefer-"

I shake my head, "You can share the bed with me."

He smiles, nodding, "Okay." He gets up from the bed, stripping down to his boxers and I do the same, slipping under the duvet with him. I hold him close as he rests his hands on my chest. I sigh happily, and he smiles sleepily.

"Sleep, love.."

He nods, nudging me playfully, "I'll get there eventually."

I giggle, yawning myself and close my eyes.

"You have made me so much happier, Phil," His next response a mumble, the threat of sleep taking him over, "I love you. Sleep well, beautiful."

I smile, my eyes still closed, "You've made me happier, too, Dan.  Goodnight, Bear. I love you. So much." I peek open an eye just in time to see a small smile on his face before he falls asleep and I press a small kiss on his forehead.

***

Dear reader: I'm really sorry that this chapter is so short. I'll try and make the next one longer and better and don't worry, something exciting will happen very soon! ((Hint hint: It deals with le parents. DUHN DUHN DUHN!))