23.

I changed Gods and Goddess to angels because it's much easier. I will be going back and editing the chapters that say gods and such.

--

Louis quickly steps in front of Niall, pushing him back with gentle force. Louis eyes Harry laying on the ground, but as two men step in, he knows there is nothing he can do. 

"Lucifer." A man says, grinning slightly, "or should I say Louis? That is what the humans call you." 

"Azrael."  Louis says, "It's Lucifer to you." 

"Very well, you remember Michael, right? The archangel you fought a couple decades ago." Azrael says, gesturing to the angel next to him. 

Louis eyes him, before nodding slightly. "What are you doing here? Why are you doing this?"  

Azrael begins to pace slightly, kicking Harry out of view before pacing again. "At first it was a simple plan, blow up Earth and move on. Humanity has been such a disappointed for many, many decades. It was our Father's plan, actually. But then he thought he could change humanity without killing them off. He came up with the brilliant idea of soul mates. Why should a human have a soul mate? They didn't deserve it, they deserved to die. Just like the original plan, and many angels agreed. What would soul mates even accomplish? They find love and suddenly everything is okay? Our Father was to nice, so some of us angels figured we'd do the job he couldn't bring himself to do." He pauses, stopping in front of Louis, smiling ever so slightly. 

"But then we heard Lucifer was roaming on Earth. This was our chance to finally kill him! But you were hard to get to. The humans were forgotten about, we just wanted Lucifer and we were ready to kill and use anybody we could get our hands on." 

"Liam," Niall mumbles, staring at the angel is disbelief. "They used Liam."

Azrael stares at Niall, finally noticing his presence. "This must be the mate we heard about. Who knew Lucifer was capable of love? Why would OUR father give you a soul mate? You were the first fallen angel!" 

Louis smirks, shrugging his shoulders. "Father always preferred me, that's why he gave me my own place to rule. I've always been his favorite." 

"That's not true, and you know it." Michael speaks up. "Father loves all his children equally, brother." 

Louis scoffs, "Do not give me that brother shit. You all were happy I was kicked out of heaven. You never tried to stop him," Louis laughs, "but look who else was kicked out. Azrael and Michael, the angels who always thought they were perfect despite what they were known for. Death and War."

"It was our jobs! Just like you had a job! Your job was to follow our Father's commands, even if you disagreed." Michael shouts, stepping forward slightly.

"Just like you? Isn't that the reason you are fallen? Because you didn't follow his commands?" Louis raises an eyebrow, edging Michael to keep talking. They were in the same boat as him. 

"Enough!" Azrael shouts, "What's done is done, Michael. Now we have our own job to finish."

Michael goes back to Azrael's side quietly, staring at Louis with sad eyes. "I'm sorry it's came to this, brother." 

"Kill all three of them." Azrael constructs, and just as he does the room is filled with more angels, wearing dark cloaks and carrying a sword of like. 

"Father finally let you play with the big toys, huh?" Louis mocks, pushing Niall back further. 

"Save Lucifer for me." Azrael says into the room, walking forward as Louis continues to back up. Louis glances at Harry, and then quickly glances back at Azrael when he doesn't see Harry. 

Harry grabs Azrael by his shoulders, throwing him on the other side of the room as he stands in front of Louis and Niall. 

Azrael is quick to his feet, glaring at Harry. "It's such a shame. You would have been useful in the many wars in Heaven." He tells Harry. 

"I found a soul mate. It's rare for us angels to find love, but that's what I wanted. I wanted love." 

"Kendal, right? Such a nice girl, does everything I tell her." 

"What?" Harry says quietly, "What do you mean? She's dead." 

Azrael shakes his head, "She's not. She's very much alive."

"Prove it." Harry says, "Prove it!" He says louder, his hands starting to shake. 

Azrael snaps his fingers, and in an instance Kendal is standing in front of Harry. Her eyes widening when she sees him. "H-Harry?" She stutters. Harry almost collapses. He steps back ever so slightly, eyes finding Azrael again. 

"You...you took her from me, made me believe she was dead!" Harry shouts, suddenly very angry. "How could you do that?!" Harry's body starts glowing a golden color as he starts walking toward Azrael. "Louis, take Niall and go." 

And for a second Louis considers it, he could quickly take Niall somewhere safe and come back. He needs to come back, this is his fight too. Not just Harry's. 

"I'll be back, Harry." Louis says quickly, grabbing Niall's wrist and suddenly they're gone. 

Harry faces Azrael, his body still glowing. This whole time he thought his mate was gone, he thought she was dead but she was here all along. Killing people for Azrael's liking. Tonight would be the night everything ended.

--

I think it's been three months since i've updated and i'm so sorry. I took a much needed break but I'm back now. I actually came up with this chapter before I fell asleep and I was like, "better remember this" lol :-) 

This story is almost finished! I'm not sure how many chapters but possibly 10 or less. 

Any guesses who might die? :-) 

This chapter is only a filler but it's really important! i don't know i like it :-) 

Twitter: so_narry (i follow back)