Chapter 13

Niall sighs as he leans against a building wall. He had to get out of there. Kissing Louis was doing to much for him. Louis was sending mixed feelings and he didn't understand him, at all. He didn't want to become even more attached to Louis. He would only end up hurt.

He pants from his run, glad Louis hadn't followed him. He wanted time to think, he needed to think about the information he heard. Was any of this real? How was this real? This couldn't be possible. Were they messing with his head? He sighs, shaking his head as he finally moves away from the wall. He didn't know if he believed all the bullshit Louis and Harry has told him. He didn't understand why Zayn believed them. He was turning against his own soul mate. That made Niall angry. He knew Liam was innocent.

With Liam in mind, he turns the opposite direction from his house, and heads off to Liam's. It doesn't take long to get there. He was closer to Liam's than he thought. He knocks on the door, and then steps back, sliding his hands into his front pockets. He waits, but he doesn't come to the door. No one comes to the door. He notices his mum's car is gone, and steps up to knock again, louder this time.

"I'm coming!" He hears a rough voice shout from the other end. It sounded like he just woke up. The door pulls open to reveal a tired looking Liam. He has a beard, a result in not shaving in awhile. He has bag under his eyes, and his hair is greasy.

"Niall?" He questions, opening the door wider for him. Niall steps in behind him, closing the door when he gets inside.

"Hey." Niall says lightly.

"What brings you here?" Liam yawns, rubbing his right eye with his fist.

"I, uh, needed to speak with you. It's important."

Liam tenses, afraid of what Niall has to say. Niall doesn't notice. He doesn't notice the way Liam starts fidgeting on spot, or how he is avoiding making eye contact with Niall.

"Okay." Liam nods, rubbing his arm.

"Louis said someth- "

"Louis?" Liam interrupts him, surprise present in his eyes. "Why the hell are you with Louis?"

"He is my soul mate." Niall shrugs, not bothered by the fact Liam's face is turning red from anger.

"Niall, I told you to stay away from him." Liam almost shouts, trying to control his voice.

Niall shrugs again, staring at Liam intently. "What's going on with you, pal? You've been acting strange. You broke up with Zayn!" Niall shouts, rocking on his heels.

"You don't know what I've been going through! I had to do it!"

"Why?! So he wouldn't be killed by the fallen Angel's?!" Niall blurts, and instantly regrets it when Liam freezes on spot. Liam sways on his feet, his face paling as he stumbles sideways. He reaches his hand out to steady him, but his knees give away and he falls to the ground, landing on his knees with a loud thud.

"H-how do...how do you know about them?" Liam's voice is weak, his gaze his settled on the ground under him. He doesn't try to move. He doesn't try to pretend he has no clue who Niall is talking about because Niall was his best mate and he had already given it away. He was scared; Niall knew about them. Someone had told him about them, and Niall was even in more danger than before.

"Did Louis and Harry tell you?" Liam asks, his voice suddenly hard and scary. Niall flinches at the tone of his voice. He doesn't sound like Liam. He doesn't sound normal and Niall suddenly starts shaking as he stares at Liam.

"It...it doesn't matter who told me. But I know. I know about them and I know you're working with them...Liam, did you kill those teenagers? They were like us! They had a mate and a future! You ruined it for them!" Niall screamed even though his voice shook of nervousness. "How could you kill them?!"

Niall suddenly gasped as hands wrapped around his throat and he was pinned against the wall. Niall coughed, and breathed in, in hopes of getting oxygen. His throat started to burn and he felt light headed as Liam continued to squeeze his throat. He didn't even see him move from his spot on the ground.

"Look, Niall." Liam spat in disgust. "This is my job now. When I receive an order, I fulfill that order. Do you understand? If my order was to take you to Apollo, then I would. This is my life now. What you don't understand though Niall.." Liam pauses, a sinful grin coming onto his lips. "Louis and Harry think they're after soul mates..but that's not true." His voice dropped down to a whisper. "The human race is gone for.."

Niall let out a throaty gasp, his vision blurring. "But...but that means you as well." He struggled to speak, and he let out a cough when Liam loosened his grip.

Liam only grinned at him, and suddenly he didn't look tired anymore. Suddenly he didn't look like Liam anymore. He looked like a total different person.

"You're not Liam..." Niall whispers.

"I am Liam, I'm just not the same Liam you knew."

Niall carefully examined his face, and then traveled his eyes to Liam's arms, and down his body. His body was different; it looked like he had been working out. But, his face was the same. Liam was right. He was a completely different person. He didn't know this person.

--

Ahhh finally the truth is revealed. Damnit Liam >:( He's such an ass!

Oh! I have a favor. Can someone tell me what progam to use to make trailers? Or will someone make me a trailer for Symbol?! Please let me know!