24.

Harry took a deep breath, his sides aching as he did so. Azrael was strong, and he hated to admit it, but no matter how strong he was Harry would not back down.

Harry landed another blow to Azrael's face, the angel hissing and taking a few steps back as he held his jaw. Both Angels had blood smeared across their faces, and each had many scrapes coating their skin.

Louis wasn't back yet, and Harry knew the fight had been going on awhile, and he could only assume Niall was holding him back.

"This fight is taking way to long!" Azrael said, "how about we finish it?"

Harry wasted no time in lunging at him, knocking him down to his back as Harry delivered punches towards his face, hearing a satisfying crack when he hit Azrael's nose.

Harry was suddenly hit in the center of his chest, knocking the air out of him as he was sent flying back, crashing into a wall. A groan escaped his lips as he tried to stand on his wobbly legs. He was growing weak.

"It's the end of the world, Harry! Why are you trying to stop it?" Azrael laughed, amusement shining in his eyes.

Michael stood in a corner, watching the scene unfold as did the other Angels. The fight between the Angels had been going on long enough, and it looked like neither were ready to back down.

"If you stop now, I'll let you and your mate go, alive." Azrael sent Harry a dark smile, taking slow steps towards him.

"So I can watch you destroy earth and everyone on it? No thanks, seeing as I won't have a place to call home if I let you do that." Harry sneered, his face setting into a glare.

"Such a shame." Azrael tsked, stopping a few feet from Harry.

"It really is," a new voice suddenly said, the voice deep and unrecognizable. Azrael turned quickly, a deep smile fitting on his face.

"Lucifer!" Azrael sang, spreading his arms out wildly. "It's about time you showed up, I was beginning to think you would miss out on the fight."

"It's Louis." He said, a smirk tugging on his lips. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

The two guys lunged for each other, and all that could be heard is groans and grunts, the sound of bones breaking and hits being thrown. Louis was strong, and with Azrael already weakened the fight should be easy.

Should be being the key words, Azrael suddenly reached for something as he laid on his back, his arm reaching to the side of him and suddenly everything stopped.

Louis froze, his eyes widening from where he now laid on the ground, his breathing turning harsh and heavy.

Azrael laughed, his hand still wrapped around the swords handle. "I won," he whispered, delight lighting up his face as he stared into Harry's eyes. "I won!"

Harry ignored him though, leaning over him, his eyes found the sword that was plunged into his side. He turned numb, his world stopping and a buzzing sound taking over. Blood gushed out of his wound, landing in droplets on the hard ground below him.

"Why?!" Louis shouted, now sitting on his knees. Now back in human form, he had tears running down his face. "why would you save me?!" He continued to shout as he watched the life slowly leave his best friends eyes.

Louis roared, his eyes narrowing as he lunged forward. He pulled out the long sword from Harry's side, ignoring the gasp of pain and thud as Harry fell over, and plunged the sword into Azrael's heart. "No, I won." He whispered, a grave tone in his voice as he watched the angel die.

Louis rushed over to Harry, new tears finding their way down his face. He never knew he could cry, he thought bitterly. Kendal was already at his side, tears and sobs and screams leaving her mouth. She cradled his hand to her chest, gasps leaving her mouth as she fought for air.

"Don't-don't lea-leave me." She stuttered out.

Harry looked at her with sad eyes, a smile fitting his lips as he stared at his mate. "You're still beautiful as ever." He croaked out, his voice raspy and raw.

Kendal shook her head quickly, clenching her eyes shut as more tears made their way down her face.

Louis took Harry's other hand, causing Harry to look over at him. "Take care of Niall, live in happiness with him."

Louis shook his head, "I'm going to heal you."

"No-"

"Yes!" Louis shouted, his eyes narrowing.

"No, you can't. You know you can't heal an angel without killing yourself."

"I was once an angel, too, Harry." Louis said through clenched teeth, his mind already made up.

"So you're just going to leave Niall?"

Louis paused, how could he forget about his mate? The mate he was never supposed to have. The beautiful mate that was made just for him.

"How can you even say that? You're going to leave Kendal?" Louis quickly said before his walls crumbled.

Harry only smiled again, "listen to me, Louis." Harry held up a finger as Louis went to object, "I want you to promise me you'll take good care of Niall. He's going to need you after this."

"But-"

"No. I have completed my mission, Azrael is dead and that is all that matters. I will get my wings again, I will be back in heaven." Harry's voice lowered, his eyelids slowly closing. "That's all I want, Louis, and you know that. Now, promise me."

In front of him, he could register Kendal's cries and pleas to save him, her begging and screams echoing into his ears, but he had already made his decision. How could he go against his own best friends wishes?

"I promise." He said with a wavering voice, and within a second Harry smiled before his eyes closed and never reopened.

--

This is not over!

If you guessed Harry.. You were right!