Chapter 5

"Niall, mums home, and pizza is here." Niall was awoke by a knocking from his door, and his sisters quiet voice.

"Mum is home?" He snorted, and pushed himself up into a sitting position. "Okay, be down in a moment!" He hollered, and immediately the knocking stopped. He rubbed his face as he yawned, and carefully stood from the bed. He could hear talking coming from the kitchen. It sounded like his mum, and a man.

"Thats odd." He whispered to himself. His sister was standing off the side, with an unreadable expression.

"What's going on?" Niall asked, stepping into the kitchen. His mum turned around, blocking the man.

"Niall..." She started, a wide grin on her face. This couldn't be good. She was never happy. She turned towards the man, and gestured for him to step closer.

Niall's eyes widen, and his jaw went slack. "Hello, son." The man smiled at him.

"Dad?" He asked confused. "What is he doing here?!" He shouted at his mum. She looked taken back, and a gasp escaped her mouth.

"What do you mean? He's your father! He came to see you guys."

"More like beat on you some more! You don't think I've noticed the bruises?! Or the way you look so depressed?! How long have you been seeing him?" He hissed through gritted teeth.

"Niall, honey, -" his mother started.

"HOW LONG?!" He shouted, slamming his fist on the table.

"You don't speak to your mother like that!" His father stepped in, blocking his mum from view.

"Fuck you! You can't tell me what to do!"

"Niall James Horan, go to your room right now!" His mother shouted, tears falling from her eyes. Niall grunted, and grabbed the pizza box.

"Fine, but I'm taking this."

--

Niall made his way to the back of the classroom, taking the seat near the window. It was day three of Louis being suspended, and Harry kept his promise, he hadn't seen him since that day in the park. He sighed, feeling lonely. Liam and Zayn were gone, again. Why the hell were they always gone? He understood they were mates, but they didn't need to skip school every few days.

After Niall went to his room, his father joined him shortly after. They had started talking, which led to an argument. If it wasn't for Cara, Niall would have punched him.

He sighed, agitated. He knew him and his father would get in arguments. He had a feeling this whole week would be filled with it.

"Alright, class." Mr. Zee started. "Let's get the day started!" Mr. Zee went on about the earth, and plants, and cells, and other things Niall wasn't interested in.

"Niall Horan?" Mr. Zee asked, holding a note in his hand.

"Yes?"

"You're wanted in the principals office."

Niall jumped up, nodding. He quickly walked to the office; afraid of what was to come. He was never called to the office. He knocked on the door, and then opened it when he was called in.

"Mr. Horan, please take a seat."

He was surprised to see Louis, and Evan in the office as well. He sat in the only empty seat, which was between the two boys.

"Now, Mr. Horan, I hear you were next to these two young boys when the fight started."

"It wasn't even a fight. I smashed his face into a desk, and he pussied out."

"Pussied out?! You left the room before I could even get up!"

"Hey! Silence!" The principal shouted. "Mr. Horan, please explain what you witnessed."

"Um..." Niall began, fidgeting in his seat. He rubbed his sweaty palms on his jeans, and tried to calm his breathing. He counted to ten, and then finally spoke. "Evan was flirting with me, and I guess Louis didn't like it." He whispered loud enough for everyone to hear.

Evan scoffed, "Yeah I admit I was flirting with him, but its not like they are dating! Niall is single!"

"How do you know he doesn't have a soul mate?" Louis countered.

"Are you saying you are his soul mate?" Evan smirked.

Louis snorted, "Of course not. I was only saying."

Niall lost his breath, and tears threatened to fall down his cheeks.

"I uh, I have to go to the bathroom!" Niall quickly excused him self, and rushed out. He left so quickly he missed the regret in Louis' eyes.