Chapter 3

Louis had a reason for rejecting Niall, a reason unknown. A reason Niall wanted to know. You only get one chance with your soul mate, why reject them? Harry didn't even get to spend his whole life with his. She was murdered; killed; her life was ended by someone else. That wasn't fair for either her or Harry.

"But I'm right here... I'm in front of him. Why wouldn't he give me the chance?" Niall whispered to himself. "What is the reason?"

He decided to call Liam, and ask for advice. Luckily for him, Liam answered.

"Hello?" Liam asked after the second ring.

"Liam.. I need help."

"With what?" He could hear the concern in his voice. Niall tugged his bottom lip between his teeth, chewing on the skin. He finally sighed, releasing his lip.

"I found my soul mate." He whispered.

"Congratulations, Niall! That's wonderful!" Liam cheered. After a moment of silence, Liam seemed to catch on. "What's the problem?"

"He rejected me. And his friend said he has a reason, but every time I try to talk to him, he blows me off like dust on his shoulder."

"And who would he be?" Liam asked. His voice had changed from cheerful, to concern, and now its angry.

Niall bit his lip, concentrating on a dot on his wall.

"Niall?" Liam asked after a moment of him not answering.

"If I tell you... You have to promise not to freak out." Liam hummed through the phone, making Niall sigh again. He knew Liam wouldn't promise. "Its Louis Tomlinson..." He whispered.

"Louis Tomlinson? As in the Louis Tomlinson?"

"Yes."

"Bloody hell, Niall! And you didn't tell us why?!"

"Li-"

"No, Niall! How long have you known? Why couldn't you tell us that you were destined to be with that prick?!"

Anger flared inside Niall, "He isn't a prick! Harry said he has a good reason for rejecting me!" He snapped.

Liam scoffed, "So now you're hanging out with them? The hell Niall! You're not allowed to ever speak or go near them again! Do you understand?"

Niall's mouth dropped. Who does he think he is?! "No, he's my soul mate!"

"He rejected you. He doesn't want you."

Niall wiped away a tear that fell from his eye. Liam was right. Louis didn't want him, and he had to stay away.

"I'm sorry." Niall mumbled.

"Oh, Ni. Its okay bud."

--

He had to stay away. That should be easy, right? Right, because Louis was supposed to be suspended for smashing Evans face into a desk.

"He did that?" Zayn had asked. Niall nodded, chewing his food quickly so he could speak.

"Yeah, Evan was flirting with me, and I don't think Louis liked that."

Liam scoffed, shaking his head. "Well, I think its cute. He's jealous and protective." Zayn said, smiling at him.

"Yeah right." Liam said immediately. Zayn snapped his gaze to Liam, and frowned.

"You wouldn't do that for me?" Zayn asked, pouting. Liam kissed him, and nodded. "Of course I would, babe. But Louis had no reason to do it. He rejected Niall. He's allowed to date and flirt with whoever he wants."

"But he won't ever get to marry them, or have a family with them. And he will never love them like he would love Louis." Zayn argued. Niall felt happy that he was sticking up for him.

Liam sighed, "I hate when you are right."

Zayn chuckled, cuddling into Liam's side. "I know." He mumbled, kissing Liam's neck.

Niall watched them, suddenly feeling like he shouldn't be there. He quickly excused himself, rising on his feet. He made his way to the mens toilets, keeping his head down. Luckily no one was in the hallway, so he didn't have to dodge anyone. Or so he thought.

"Watch were you're walking." Evan hissed, pushing him into a locker. His group laughed when Niall made a whimper sound. His shoulder had came in contact with the locker.

"S-sorry."

"S-s-sorry." Someone mimicked, causing them to burst out laughing. Niall felt tears prick at his eyes, and he quickly rushed off, ignoring the guys laughing at him.

"Jerks." He mumbled, rubbing at his shoulder. He was sure it was going to bruise.

"Why didn't you hit them back?" Someone from his left asked. Niall jumped, swirling around to face the person who snuck upon him.

"Harry?" He asked, confused.

"Why are you talking to me?" He asked, and instantly regretted it. "I m-mean its not a bad t-thing, b-but you're Louis' friend." Harry chuckled, running his hand through his hair.

"S'alright. I know what you meant."

They continued their walk, Niall still confused on why Harry had joined him.

"You didn't answer my question."

Niall hummed, trying to remember the question. "Oh! Because I'm not strong, and I can't hit hard. Plus, it would have been one against five. I would be dead." He chuckled.

Harry however didn't find this funny. "I wouldn't have let them lay another finger on you. They're lucky I didn't go over there and beat their asses. Louis ordered me to keep you out of harm, and that is what I'll do."

Niall stopped in his tracks, what? WHAT? Louis ordered Harry to watch over him?

"What?" Niall repeated out loud this time.

Harry smiled, patting him on the shoulder. "It's nothing. Lets keep walking, yeah?"

Niall silently nodded, following after Harry. He gazed at the ground, watching Harry's feet as he walked. He noticed his symbol peaking out, and it was a nasty red color. It only turned that color when you lost your soul mate.

"What color was your symbol when you and your soul mate touched?" Niall asked without thinking, and he looked up at Harry to see him glancing back at him with a sad smile.

"Well, when we met, hers was yellow, and mine were purple. When we touched for the first time, they turned into a mixture of purple and yellow. It was so beautiful." Harry had whispered the last part, and suddenly his eyes dazed over like he was deep in thought.

"What color is...what color is Louis' symbol?" Niall asked, at least wanting to know the color.

Harry frowned, and his eyes shone sadness. They were in the same situation, yet it was so different.

"Blue. A dark blue. Like... The night sky." Harry said, trying to describe it as best as he could.

"What about yours?" Harry asked.

"Green...like the Green Lantern's uniform."

Harry laughed, shaking his head. Niall looked at him confused, but a smile tugged at his lips. Maybe having Harry's company won't be so bad.

--