Chapter 2

To say Evan was pissed would be an understatement. He was fuming; Niall swore he saw smoke flaring from his ears.

"What the hell was that about?" Evan asked Niall, who was shaking in his seat. He was never good with attention, or being confronted. He was the type of person to stay in the back of the classroom, keep his head down in the hallway, and keep himself hidden.

"I...I don't know. I don't know him-m-m." Niall stuttered out nervously. He distracted himself by playing with the hem of his t-shirt.

"I call bullshit. Tell Louis if I ever see him again, he'll regret it." Evan promised, more like threatened.

--

Niall was in a bad situation, and it was only the beginning. Louis was stupid for smashing Evan's face into the desk. He was stupid for being so damn attractive, and irresistible and, "rejecting me!" Niall hissed under his breath. His face turned red at the words he spoke, and he looked around to make sure no one was around to hear him.

School drama was pointless, and Louis Tomlinson, aka the hottest guy alive, had to cause drama. Niall thought to himself.

"Why does he have to do that?" Niall wondered aloud. "I mean, he could not do that. Is it fun? Does he enjoy seeing people hurt?" He kept talking to himself, unaware of the eyes watching him.

It was lunch time; Liam and Zayn were not here today. It was their one year anniversary. He was happy for them, but he wanted that.

"Mind if we sit here?" A voice interrupted him, a voice he knew way to much. Niall tensed up, not meeting his gaze.

"Uh, s-sure."

"Do you always stutter?" Harry asked, actually curious, not meaning it in a bad way. They sat across from Niall, waiting for an answer.

"U-mm, no." He replied weakly. He was nervous, and in pain. How the hell did Louis deal with the pain on his foot?

"Louis, can I ask you something?" Niall asked, the words falling perfectly from his lips.

"No, you may not." He then turned Harry, tapping him on the shoulder. "I have to take a piss. I'll be back."

Harry nodded, and they both watched Louis, the fallen angel, walk away.

"I know about you guys being soul mates." Harry said after a moment of silence. Niall's gazed snapped to him in surprise.

"What?" he asked stupidly.

"Louis told me." was the only thing Harry said. Niall stayed quiet for a moment.

"Do you have a soul mate?"

"I did. She was murdered."

Niall tensed, and focused on the cold glare in Harry's eyes.

"Louis has a reason to reject you. Don't be harsh on him." Harry nodded once, and then stood up, throwing away his trash. Niall watched him walk away, and seen he and Louis were walking toward the same vehicle, leaving school. The pain in his foot slowly faded away, making him breath a sigh of relief, but he couldn't stop thinking about what Harry said.

His soul mate was murdered? By who?