21.

It's an emotional reunion when Zayn wakes up. There are tears and hugs and even multiple kisses and apologizes. From both Zayn and Liam. Though the reunion is cut short by Louis.

"I expect you to keep your side of the deal." He steps forward, crossing his arms over his chest as he does.

"I will."

"Liam, what's he talking about?" Zayn's voice is weak and still shaky, but it's a side affect from coming back from the dead. There symbols are also returning back to normal, slowly and painfully. 

Liam slowly turns around, facing Zayn with a regretful look. "I'm sorry, I-"

"Quiet!" Harry says lowly but with command. He jumps to his feet, staring up at the ceiling with a look of concentration. "Someone's up there." 

"Evil?" Louis whispers to him. Harry shakes his head.

"No, someone needs help." Harry quickly says before he's climbing up the ladder leading to the vault door. 

"Wait, Harry!" Louis shouts, following behind him. "You can't leave!" He shouts but it's to late when Harry opens the door, leaving it wide open. "I'm going to kill him. Niall stay here!" Louis shouts over his shoulder, before he too is climbing through the door.

Niall scoffs, "He can't tell me what to do." 

"I think you should listen to him." Liam says, turning a tint of red when Niall glares at him. 

"I don't have to listen to you, either. None of you are my boss, and I'll do what I want." 

"You can be killed up there. The British Army are involved, I called them and pretended I was part of a terrorist group planning to attack. They're fighting against the Gods." 

"Well, I don't care. I can't let my mate go up there alone. Liam, you stay here and take care of Zayn. I'll be back." 

"Niall,-" Liam steps forward, ready to stop him when Zayn puts his arm out, in front of Liam. Liam stops in his tracks, turning to Zayn with a confused frown. 

"Let him go, Li. It's his mate, I did the same." 

"Exactly why he shouldn't go. Niall could get killed out there." 

"Stop talking about me like I'm a kid. I understand the risk of going out there, but I need to be there for my mate." 

Liam groans, and then stays quiet for a minute. He slowly nods, and sighs. "Fine. But, please be careful Niall. I swear if I find you dead..." 

"You won't. Stay safe! Lock this door behind me. I'll knock when we get back." 

Zayn wishes him good luck while Liam watches with sad eyes. He can't believe he's letting his best friend go out into the battle ground.  

--

It's more like a blood bath. People in uniforms are laying dead on the ground, covered in blood and missing body parts. There are even people with wings laying dead on the ground. "Wings," Niall mumbles to himself, staring at them with disbelief. He couldn't believe it, he had thought it was all a joke but he was really staring at a pair of wings covered in blood on someone's back. 

Niall forces himself to look away, away from the dead bodies and lets his eyes wander around. Louis and Harry are no where around. 

"Louis?!" Niall cups his hands around his mouth and shouts. He steps over dead bodies, walking around aimlessly as he does. He keeps shouting, getting nothing in response. He grows worried, but he knows he's still alive because his symbol is still the same. 

It's not until he's at least a block away from the safe room that he hears flapping of wings above him. He hopes it's just a big bird passing by, and continues to walk. He fastens his pace as the wings follow him, before he hears them getting closer and then he's being lifted high into the air. He's ready to scream, but a hand clamps over his mouth. 

This is what his life has came to. A devil for a mate, and supernatural beings in his life, trying to kill off his race and planet. And now Niall is about to die. He doesn't even have time to say goodbye. Or even prepare himself for death. He cries, the sound being muffled behind the hand clamped over his mouth. He closes his eyes, and readys himself for whatever is about to come to him. 

"You are so fucking stupid. So stupid." The person above him whispers angrily. He opens his eyes quickly, turning his head upwards. His eyes widen, and his jaw would have gone slack if it wasn't for the hand covering his mouth. "Why the fuck would you come out here? You should have turned around when you saw the dead bodies covering the ground." 

Niall tries to say something, but there's still a hand over his mouth. He continues to stare, until he's feeling his feet touch the ground and another set of arms around him. 

"H-harry! and WINGS!" Niall quickly shouts when the hand moves. 

"Niall, quiet." He turns toward the voice, seeing Louis and his body sags in relief. "Why are you out here?" 

"Harry had wings. Oh my god, I thought I was about to die." 

"I told you Harry was a God, now answer my question." 

"What question?" 

Louis glares at him, before repeating his question. 

"Oh." Niall says deadpan. "Um, I came after you." 

"You could have gotten killed. You're so stupid."

"Harry already called me that." 

"Good."

Niall scoffs. "Rude," he mumbles under his breath. "What are you guys doing?"

"Harry is looking for the girl he heard."

"What if it's a trap?" 

"I said the same thing." Louis shakes his head, rolling his eyes as he does. "Harry just has a kind heart. He'll help anyone." 

"And I'm the stupid one."

Louis sighs, bringing Niall closer to him. "I wish you would have stayed inside the safe room. Things are about to get a lot worse."

--

It's been awhile. I'm really sorry. I hope you guys like this filler! I hope you still like this story! And I'm sorry things are moving slow right now, but it'll pick up!