Chapter 18

Niall was late, Oh, God, he was so fucking late and now he was scared. His hands were shaking at his sides, his mouth was agape and his eyes were wide and no one was saying anything. Why wasn't anyone saying anything? 

There was a ringing in his ear, it was the only sound he could hear and Louis and Harry were giving each other looks but Niall couldn't focus on them. His best fucking friend was laying on the ground covered in blood and he didn't know if he was alive or not. His heart beat was out of control and he still couldn't move, even with Liam crouching on the ground, rocking back and forth with tears running down his face. 

And then someone pushes Niall from behind and he's stepping back in motion and everything hits him at once. Loud sobs escape his mouth and he's stumbling forward, reaching his hand out toward Zayn who was just laying there motionless.

"Zayn. Zayn, w-wake up. Open your eyes." Niall sobs, falling onto his knees. He's shaking Zayn's arm, squeezing his eyes closed as more tears escape past his eye lids and he's begging for him to open his eyes. 

He doesn't. 

"I...I can hear a faint heart beat." Liam says faintly. "Someone call an ambulance." He says louder, lifting his head off Zayn's chest. No one moves, Niall isn't listening to anything, and so Liam looks toward Louis and Harry who are staring at each other. "Please!" Liam begs, "Please call an ambulance!" 

Harry gives Louis a nod, and Louis sighs, looking at Liam. He moves forward, shaking his head. "No." Louis says.

"What?!" Niall turns around and screams. "What do you mean no?! My best friend is fucking dying because of yo -"

"Niall." Harry says, cutting him off completely. "You need to stay calm."

Niall springs to his feet, his fist clenched as he turns around to face Harry. "YOU WANT ME TO STAY CALM?!" He shouts, his face turning bright red. "MY BEST FRIEND IS LAYING ON THE GROUND HALF DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU TWO."

"I can save him, but only if you turn yourself in." Louis says to Liam, ignoring Niall completely. 

"Y-you can?" Liam asks, picking himself off the ground. "H-how?" 

"He can't, don't listen to him." Niall says angrily. 

 "He's going to die if you don't listen to me."  

And they were taking too long. Why couldn't he just decide to turn himself in? Zayn would die any minute, the longer they waited, the less time Zayn had to live. 

Liam was about to answer him, but he was cut off by branches snapping somewhere near by. Everybody turned to the source, but the sound was everwhere. They were being surrounded. 

"Run!" Harry shouts, turning and sprinting away. Louis grabs Niall's wrist, tugging him forward but Niall screams and pulls, but no matter how hard he pulls Louis doesn't loosen his grip. Liam stays put, staring down at the body of his beloved. Zayn was still alive, he knew that. He had heard his heart beat, and his symbol wasn't burning or turning red. Liam couldn't leave Zayn here to die.

Crouching down, Liam lifts Zayn up onto his shoulder, guilt settling into his gut when he hears Zayn let out a low whimper. 

"I'm sorry, baby." Liam says, before he takes off running. He could feel the blood running down his stomach, soaking his shirt and he never thought this would happen. He never thought the pain in his chest would be because his soul mate was dying. Liam easily catches up with the three boys, but he could hear the footsteps getting closer to them.

"We're never going to make it." 

"What the fuck is going on? Why are your eyes turning color?" 

"Run faster, fuck." 

and then

Zayn's heart stops 

and Liam

lets out a blood curdling scream as he falls, clutching onto his aching foot. and then he begs, begs for the life of his beloved to return. He begs for Zayn to open his eyes, and then he begs for Louis to save him, exchange for his own life. 

--

KenniaGarcia made me a trailer. For some reason it doesn't work on mobile, though. Sorry!

Sorry for the long wait, again. I had writers block half way through the chapter. 

Hope you liked this chapter!