Chapter 15

"Sarah help me with the groceries!!" yelled my mom from the doorway. I got from the couch and went to her. She welcomed me with a glare, "Your friends are coming, at least help a bit. I went shopping alone, even though you said promise to come. You lazy monkey!"

"Mama I may be lazy but a monkey is a bit difficult as I'm already a werewolf." I pouted innocently waiting her forgiveness.

"Okay, now help me." I smiled and helped her. Well this face makes everyone compel to me. Today the guys are coming over for a small barbeque party my dad organised.

It's been two months since Ben and I started dating. He loves, cares and cherishes me. I've never fallen so hard in love before. His kisses and caresses make me feel so hot every time yet he leaves me hanging very often.

For the past months on weekends I visited Ben's mother or Ben came home. We watched movies in my room and fall asleep on my bed. Ben often sleepover and my parents don't say anything. Usually parents don't let their daughter's boyfriend stay the night. Mine are unusual, before when I was dating David dad and Chase never wanted him in. They never liked him and now they are all over Ben.

Sometimes when Ben comes, he spends more time with dad and Chase than with me. I'm jealous of them for keeping Ben from me.

Kelly and I are very close now. I got to know that she and Michael don't live in the house where we met. They live in town. It was strange that only Ben and our friends lived in that huge mansion. I don't know if this town contain werewolves or not. The town that we used to live is somewhere around here I think.

"Sarah!! Are you coming??"

"Yes. Yes. Coming." I shouted. She becomes so annoying when she is angry but I still love no matter what.

After several hours everything was almost ready. Just with this thought the doorbell rang. Chase opened the door and Ben and the guys came in. Ben took me in a tight hug and kissed my forehead. I smiled in his arms. I feel so safe. As I greet Gwen and Julie, Ben was soon driven away by my father. Again.

As I sighed as Ryan hugged me from behind. "Why are you sighing?" Ryan asked

"Nothing. Forget it. I am happy that you came." I said dragging him and the others on the veranda. Mine and Ryan's friendship deepen since the time we met. Together we often makes Ben jealous. I regularly talk about Ryan with my parents. He is the next person I often talk about. He is like a big brother to me and the sad thing about our friendship is that he reminds me of Sam.

Dad was talking to Ben and his back was to us.

"Where is your mother?" Eliza asked.

"She is in the kitchen I think." I replied, "Mama?"

"Coming." We heard. She came carrying some plates. "Welcome everyone." She chirped. "First of all I want to meet Ryan. I heard so much about him that I know practically everything about him." She giggled. Well that's obvious. Ryan is the only one my family never met. The girls came once for sleepover and Kevin came with Ben once to watch soccer match with my father.

"Mama meet the famous Ryan." I introduced him by dragging him in front of her.

All of a sudden all the plates my mother had in hand crashed on the floor. Her smile vanished from her face and kept on staring at Ryan' face. Dad ran to mom.

"What happened Megan?" asked dad then glanced at Ryan. His expression changed from worried to shock. What the hell is happening?

"What's wrong papa?"

"Who is this?" my dad asked

"Ryan. Ben's best friend. I told you."

"Yea, since when you started living in this town Ryan." Asked mama smiling. She seems fine now but what's with this strange question.

"Since I'm a kid..." Ryan replied hesitantly

"Okay. Sorry, I'm so clumsy sometimes. Don't worry about me, it's nice that we've met all of Sarah friend. You should bring yours home too, Chase." She said jokingly.

"MAMA!!" Chase whisper yelled. Mama laughed and headed back to the kitchen with the broken plates with dad by her side.

"I think your parents don't like me." said Ryan

"What?! No." I denied immediately

"That's true, otherwise Sarah' dad would have already shot you." Joked Ben as he came by my side.

"If you say so." Ryan shrugged

Soon dad and mom came and we started lunch and talked as dad and Ben cooked. Mom talked cheerfully with everyone, even with Ryan. Every 5 minutes, Ben glanced at me. He was waiting for the right time to talk to my dad about the trip he is organizing. He wants me to go and as my dad is very protective.

He never lets me go anywhere far from home. Well that's obvious, considering what happened to our pack. So Ben has to ask for permission, as for Ben, he must definitely think that dad is an old fashion man.

"Sir." Ben started, "I asking your permission to take Sarah on a trip for a week." He said looking dad straight in his eyes. I'm sure he is going to refuse. I told them, they just don't understand. Especially Julie she kept on insisting.

"Sure." Dad agreed. What! He accepted so quickly. That's a first. Ben looked at me and smirk. Well this a surprise, though now I'm really excited now.

"Where are you going?" mama asked Ben. I looked at Ben since even I don't the place.

"Heaven Valley." Ben stated. The moment Ben said the place my whole family seemed paralysed. Dad's fork fell on the floor. An awkward silence settled, no one spoke

Heaven valley, my birthplace, my land, my home. The place in which we lost so much. Dad kept on staring at Ben. "Sarah is not going." Dad stated

I made no effort to change his decision. Ben looked at me, trying to get my help. I just avoided his graze. Even mom didn't say anything and just looked down in her plate.

Do I want to go there?

Going there will bring up all the painful memories. Chase held my hand on the table. I looked at him and smiled painfully. Then mama held dad's hand and looked in his eyes. They were talking through their mind link. Mom, dad and chase still shift in their wolves. Compared to me I have not shift since Sam's death. I have lost all contact and consciousness with my inner wolf.

Dad sighed and looked at me, he smiled. "You can go, Sarah."

"What?! You want me to go there?" I demanded quietly.

"It's time you live and let go of everything. You have complete freedom now."

Maybe they are right, I should try to move on now and maybe try to fight my fears.

A new beginning. After so much years. Maybe it's time otherwise I will forever be stuck in the past.

"Ok. I'll go." I said looking at them and smile.

The other had confused faces, they had no idea about we were talking. Ben kept staring curiously at me. 'I'm fine' I mouthed to him. After another incident, lunch went great. I'm playing PlayStation 3 with Chase and Ryan.

And damn they are annoying. They are frustrated coz I'm winning. Yay!! The girls were cheering for me and Kevin and Ben were just watching us amused. Well we were behaving like kids. Ryan pushed me to one side while Chase to the other. I was like pinball between them.

"Hey!!! Stop cheating." I cried out when Chase pushed off the couch and Ryan took my controller, "Mama look at them." I complained.

Mom laughed and scolded them playfully," Chase! Sam! Stop teasing her."

Sam. Here it goes the third incident of the day. I looked at her, she had her back to us and was quiet.

"Sam." Ryan broke the silence. "Who is that?" he asked with a strange expression. Somehow curious and shocked.

"No one." I stated before he could question me further his phone rang. There was an emergency at their house and they all had to leave except Eliza who slept over.

What a day. Living will not let me escape anywhere. What more is going to happen? All I wish for now NO MORE WEREWOLF SIGHT SEEING.