Chapter 1

My life is going to change; my dad got a promotion that leads his whole family to live in the states in Florida for a five years contract. I will have to leave my school, my friends everything that I am dear to.  I am at the airport and the plane is going to take off. I’m up for a new life.

A worker from my dad's company came to welcome us, then he we went with him to our new house in an apartment complex. On arriving there, we went on the third floor and entered a beautiful apartment. The man showed us the apartment and went out to talk with dad.

Mom, Chase and I chose our room respectively. Mine was twice best from that which I had in Mauritius, a very big room with a beautiful model of bed and beside each side there was a nightstand, a big walk in closet and a dressing table and a set of sofa of cream colour was also present in front of a plasma TV with huge speakers and i had my own bathroom. My room's walls were pale blue and pink, blue and pink are my favourite colours. I really love my room a lot. Let me introduce myself clearly. I am Sarah smith. I live with my mom, dad and my elder brother chase. I just turned 17 last month and chase is 19, he is a uni student. A new life is going to start from tomorrow onward.

The next day when I woke up, I left the bed and opened the window, which was as bigger as a door itself I got out of the window and breathe fresh air. It was a balcony which had an emergency exit staircase beside it. The view from there was beautiful as there was a park behind the building. Today I am going to my new high school; dad is coming with me to complete the formalities. I went quickly in the bathroom brushed my teeth and took a quick shower. I put on my dark slim shinny jeans and a V-neck misty rose shirt. I quickly put a light makeup and put on my converse. Dad was already in the car I quickly packed my thing and get out the condo. Just as I close the door and started running and I knocked against somebody and fall down, felt a pain in my left hand.

"Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

"I’m really sorry, I’m in a hurry and I didn’t see you." i looked up and saw a pretty girl, she was quite tall, she had brown hair and it was a bit messy and she had chocolate brown eye.

“It’s okay. Where are you going in such a hurry" I said while running to the evalator

"To school, I’m late." she replied

"Which one do you go?"

"St George high"

"I have heard this name before. Yeah it’s the same high school which I am now joining today, come i will drop you." We arrived in front of the car  "Dad this girl is going in the same school."

"Come in dear, looks like you have already made a friend Sarah. I'm Leo smith, nice to meet you."

"I'm Elizabeth Parker, nice to meet you too sir"

"Oh call me Leo, there is no need to be formal."  Said dad giving his bests smile.

"And I’m Sarah."

The moment we entered the building, Elizabeth went to her class and I went to the principle office with dad. After fulfilling the formalities the principle took me to my new class. We came in between the class lesson. The principle introduced me to the class.

"Hello class let me introduced you your new classmate Sarah Smith from Mauritius" said the principle

"Welcome Miss Smith, I’m your English teacher Mr George Newman, go and have a seat" i searched for an empty seat, then i saw Elizabeth. She was making me signs to come to her. There was an empty seat in front of her. I quickly walked to her and sat

"Hi Sarah, welcome to class."

"Thanks, you don’t mind if I call you Eliza. It’s shorter"

"Yeah"

 My first class was quite boring.Mr Newman lecture was just like a lullaby. it is going to like that every day. I don't know how I’m gonna survive in here.

This is my first story, hope yo like it.

please comment and vote.

Thank you