Chapter 17

I put the last shirt in my travelling bag and closed it. I finished packing up, I packed enough for 1 week worth. Exams were over and we were going on the trip today. I gathered my bad over my shoulder and went in the living room.

"Ok," I announced gathering everyone attention. Dad and Chase were in front of the TV and mom dusting the bookcase. "I'm ready to leave."

No one said anything, they just stared at me. "Come on say something!"

"What do you want us to say?" started dad, "Come here princess," gesturing his lap. I went to him and sat on his lap. "Listen princess I'm anxious to let you go there but-"

"But there is a first time for everything," said mom.

"I was not really going to say in that way, well yea. Be careful. You are not really on the pack land, just around the town and probably stay in a motel?" question the last part.

"I don't really know, Ben has not precise anything but it's probably going it be that way. Don't worry I'll be fine and Ben will be with me."

"Well that's for sure." Stated Chase

"What?" what did he mean? As if implying something.

"Nothing." he shrugged.

"As I was saying... yea, don't worry and dad don't call me every 10 minutes, please!" I begged playfully.

"I'll try. And the pack land has probably been taken by another pack now. And I don't think anyone will still recognise you after so many years." He said kissing my head. I'm small while sitting on his lap. Stupid height.

"Ok. Well, I'm off then." Said getting up. I kissed every one goodbye and descend downstairs. Eliza was already down and was sitting on the concrete ground texting. Sensing me behind her, she looked up at me and smirk. "Ready to go!!" she cheered. Before I replied Ben's truck pulled in front of us. And behind was Ryan's car, a black Audi. He sure had great taste.

As Ryan got out, Eliza threw herself in his arms. I smiled at the scene, and Ben came by my side. I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him gently. He pulled me by my waist as I pulled him down by his shoulders.

As someone cleared their throat, we pulled apart. "We've got a long way to go, you guys can continue later. Now get your butts inside" said Gwen slightly annoyed and joking. We laughed her and got inside.

We are going in two different vehicles, Gwen and Kevin were with us while Eliza and Julie in Ryan's car. Time flew very quickly, we just passed Heaven Valley sign board.

"Where are we staying at?" I asked to Ben as I looked at him.

"I have a friend here, we are going to stay at his place."

"Ok." I looked out of the window again, we were passing by the shops, mall. I remember when we used to go shopping. Mom always made us walked around a lot, Sam, Chase and I usually ran way and wander around pranking people. Those were fun days.

We passed by a pastry shop, that shop. I really loved its cakes. Even if shops were still here, their structure has changed. Well these were manage by humans and shocking fact is that some shops that were once owned by our past pack member are still here. Maybe take over.

As dad said for sure someone took over the pack land and it seems the case. Well it does not matter not, I don't really want to go there. It will just bring forward the bad memories over good ones.

We were still driving and almost close to the end of the main town. Ben had not turn towards the residential area and was going towards my pack house. The pack house was situated a bit the forest and a few house around the area that was habituated by pack members and many lived in the town centre. Even if the population of Heaven Valley was more than half populated by werewolves, after the attack the town did not seem desert now.

"Ben if you take that road, you are going straight in the forest." I stated, hoping he took the wrong direction.

"I know and that's where we are going. The house is situated a bit the forest, you will see it is very beautiful." Ben said smiling at me.

I sensed a hand on my shoulder, I turned around and met Gwen curious gaze, "How did you know that this road leads to the forest? You've never been around here, right?" asked Gwen.

I tensed, "Well, umm..." what am I going to say, "I look on google maps last night. To know where this place is." Nice excuse Sarah.

"But, even so-"Gwen was interrupted.

"She said, she looked out for it. Let her be Gwen." Said Kevin. They started to have an argument on why Kevin interrupted her. That was my escape.

"We are arrived." Ben announced as he stopped, I turned back in front and saw. Well now there is definitely no escape. Ben stopped in front of the pack house gate. Then the gate opened automatically, we drove through the driveway and parked.

I opened the door the instant we stopped and got off. I walked a bit and looked around while turning on myself. The house, well the mansion was still the same. No prove of any attack. The mansion's appearance from outside was still the same. Same big garden, same entry door, same fountain in the garden. How can everything be the same!

Just then the entry door opened, "Welcome to Heaven Valley." Said a male behind far from behind me. Well I was now standing in the garden right now, I pivoted and looked at the person who talked.

Ben went forward to him and they shake hands. I slowly made my way to Ben's side and looked at the person. He seemed familiar. "Sarah this is Jordan and Jordan this is my girlfriend Sarah."

Jordan

How can this be possible? How the hell is he alive? Everyone died.