Chapter 23

**Ben's POV**

"Maya?" questioned Sarah's Dad to the new comer, "Is it you?"

"Of course it's me Leo. I have not change at all, compare to you who I see have grew a few grey hair." She said with a grin, "But still you are sexier as ever."

Instantly a growl erupted from the Sarah's Mother. Well the woman was flirting with the Alpha. The woman looked at Megan and smiled, "Don't be jealous Megan, of course you are also... beautiful. But still not as much as me." Stated the woman as she pushed her long red hair over her shoulder.

"Yeah, right." Responded Megan angrily.

"Honey, calm down." Leo said sweetly to his wife, "How did you know that we were back?" Leo asked Maya as he faced her again.

"The woods told me and here I am to welcome you." She said happily

"It's good that you are here," Leo began, "We have to talk to you about Sar-"

"I know," interrupted Maya, "that's another thing I am here for."

"Is there a solution?" I asked her. She glanced at me for the first time and smirk. "Yes there is," then she looked at Sam beside me, "Oh Sam. You grew up with your dad's good looks I see." She smiled broadly

"Wait. How to do you know this is Sam," asked Megan with a shocked expression, "You knew he was alive?"

Maya stayed silent, her silence said everything. "You knew he was alive. All along. Even when we came to see several years ago for the charms. Why?" there was so much pain in her voice.

"Well you never asked." Maya said nonchalantly

"How could you?" Megan outburst and stood up. She was about to make her way to her when Leo grabbed her hand

Maya sighed, "I couldn't have done anything. It was all written, for Sam to go and for him to return now. It's been decided in this way and is out of my reach to influence... Well let bygones be bygones. Let's talk about Sarah."

We all shifted to the living room to talk, Sarah was still asleep. As everyone settled down, we all waited for Maya to talk. She looked at me and began to speak, "For Sarah's wolf to resurface we have to force her-"

"We did try that before and did not turn out well. I won't let you put her life in risk." Chase burst out protectively.

"Let me finish first, young man before jump to any conclusion." Maya hissed angrily as Chase interrupted her. "Well where was I... yea Sarah's wolf. To bring out her wolf, we have to provoke her instincts."

"What instincts?" I asked her

"Her protective instincts. Right now the persons who means a lot to her are Sam and you." Maya said looking at me, "If given that anyone of you two is in danger, then maybe her need to protect you will be evoked. Which will bring her to force her wolf out to help."

"And can this be successful." Alpha Leo asked worriedly.

"The chance for failure is very minimal. Right now, the first thing to do is to tell her the truth about her and Ben being mate. And the chances for her to believe it, is to 0%." She stated smilingly

"We don't have to forget that we also have William to deal with." Kevin reminded everyone.

"We'll deal with William later. Right now my main priority is Sarah. Tough I will call out for some of my pack warriors to come here to help to guard." I stated and stood, "I'll be the one to talk to Sarah." With that I left the living room and marched towards Sarah's room.