Chapter 22

**Sam POV**

I woke up as I felt my arm going numb. I glanced by my side, Sarah was sound asleep. It was still early in the morning, the sun has not rise up yet.

Sarah snuggled closer to me, "Ben.." she mumbled opening her eyes with a smile. The moment she saw me, her smile vanished.

"Sorry for not being Ben, princess." I smirked

She blushed and instantly burried her face in her hands. "I should call him now." I said sitting up and move out of the bed.

"No!" She yelled and pulled me back by my shirt. I fell back onto the bed on my back. I looked up at her as she sat on bed on her knees, near my head. Her face had paled. There was pain in her eyes.

"What happened?" I asked shifting in a sitting position. She avoid my eyes and stared down at her hands. Ben has been asking me about her every one hour interval the whole night that I blocked my mind link.

"What's wrong? You don't want me to call Ben?" I asked again. She just nodded without looking at me.

"Why? He is very worried for you."

"I don't want to talk or meet him. I don't want to be with him anymore." I gasped at her. She does not want her mate. When we were young, she always used to annoy me about what she will do when she will meet her mate. And now she talking like this. I knew that she really did love Ben. She looks at Ben in the same way Elizabeth look at me.

If that's not love then I don't know what it is.

"Why? Why don't you want to be by his side? He loves you and I'm sure as hell you also do." I boasted at her

"And that's just for now." She declared

"How?" I inquired

"He will forget me and all this love crap when he will find his mate." She said and this time she looked up at me. She smiled slightly as tears started flow down her face. I immediately pulled her onto my chest.

"That's not going to happen, he won't leave you." I encouraged her, knowing that this the truth.

"No, he will. His Wolf will force him and he himself will want to be with her, their chosen mate. Who I am not." She ended and started sobbing her heart out.

Not His Mate. What the hell is she saying?

I couldn't ask her why as she fell asleep while sobbing. I laid her down and pulled the cover till her waist. I kissed her forehead and stood up, as I looked at her tears still flowed out of her closed eyes. She was even crying in her sleep.

I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me. My mind was still in a mess, full of thoughts of the things Sarah said. It was too strange. She does not know that Ben IS her mate.

Why? How?

Did her wolf her never told her, they are the first one to recognise their mate. I entered my room, Elizabeth was lying on the bed asleep, and I got in beside her and pulled her close. I inhaled her scent from the crook of her neck. Later when I get up, I'll talk with Dad about this.

When I woke up, Eliza was already up. I heard the shower on, I got off the bed and walked to the bathroom door. It was slightly opened, I pushed it and entered. I could see Eliza through the transparent door. I removed my clothes and joined her in.

As I entered, I embraced her. We stood there silently as the warm water descend over us. I rained flying kisses on her neck. She moaned and turned around, I pushed her till she hit the wall behind her. "Ryan..." she moaned again, "Wait, how should I call you? Ryan or Sam?" she asked panting.