another personal imagine

Emily's pov

after the call I didn't know what to do with myself. I found out my brother that had a rare bone disease had passed. my mom and dad both took him to the hospital while I waited at home. I slid down the wall crying uncontrollably until I couldn't catch my breath. I heard the front door open and close, and footsteps running down the hall towards where I was. it was Hayes, my best friend and boyfriend, and lucky for me neighbor. he ran over to me and held me for who knows how long. "shhhh babe tell me what happened, is it your brother?" I looked at him and I knew he saw the heart break in my eyes.

"aw baby it's ok..everything will be alright I've got you." he rubbed circles on my back until I was able to breathe properly again, then he carried me up to my room and lay me on my bed. he started to leave and the panic started to rise up inside me again, "Hayes please stay I-i can't be alone right now." he turned around and I saw tears in his eyes too, him and my brother were close, I never thought how much it would hurt him too. "sure baby I'll stay." he gave me what he though looked like a smile, but I saw right through it. we stayed there motionless, silent tears running down both our faces, no words were needed we both knew what each other was thinking.

finally he turned and faced me," Emily do you think this was better for him?" he looked like a scared, lost puppy and I couldn't help but feel my heart actually hurt. "actually Hayes yeah I do it would've been selfish if we kept him here anyways. he was in pain and he didn't want to be here anymore, it was time for him to go home." he looked at me and kissed me, "I don't know how you mange to stay so amazing and strong but I love it."

in that moment I knew everything would be ok, everyone just needed some time.

///////////////////////////////////

this one is for mrshayesgrier04 ☺️hope you like it!!