|Chapter 26|

Here's sort of a filler chapter I guess. But next chapter is when Anna finally talks to her mom. So get excited, if you want...

As my status currently says: Hunter Hayes <3 :d="">

  COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

-Dana

PS: Derebelle won for the couple fan! Congrats to @eternalreading

I also liked Derelle who was suggest by @Nerdy4life25

__________________________________

NOT EDITED

      The car ride to the hospital was quiet. After Derek told me my mom was admitted into the hospital I burst out into tears, demanding we go to the hospital. Derek just held me for a good hour before telling me he’d take me. I saw the anguish in Derek’s eyes when he watched me crying, as he cradled me into his chest. Knowing him, he wants to make everything better; wants to give me happiness.

          Derek left a note for his mom in case we aren’t home by the time she wakes up. It’s already midnight and visiting hours were over four hours ago. Dad said the nurses will cut us a break, but only once. I felt empty during the car ride. I didn’t know what to feel. I looked aimlessly out the window as streetlight flew by my vision. Reaching my hand up, I wiped away some fallen tears. The thing was, I may be crying, but I feel emotionless. I can’t fully explain why I am—I just am.

          Once we arrived at the hospital it was like I was on autopilot. I got out of the car, walked to the doors, and went inside. I don’t even remember walking to the building. We walked to the elevator and got inside. I didn’t even realize I was fidgeting with the hem of Derek’s shirt until his hands engulfed mine. My head snapped up to see him watching me with concern. In an instant I was in his arms, Derek hugging me close to his chest. I usually want to be alone when I’m crying, but Derek refused to let go of me.

          The elevator doors opened. There is white everywhere—white walls, white titles, and white ceiling. Can’t they ever lighten up the hospital halls? It would make me feel more comfortable at least. Derek led me to my mom’s room. Before I entered I could hear the beeping of the heat machine. Derek took hold of my hand and I buried my face in his chest. I didn’t want to see my mom strapped up to machines.

          When I was about eight years old my mom was in a pretty bad car accident. I was in school when the principal called me down saying my dad was here. I had no idea what was going on. My dad looked sad but had a smile plastered on his lips anyway. I smiled back. My dad signed me out before we went to the car. I asked him what was wrong but he didn’t tell me until we pulled up to the hospital. Dad said how Mom was in an accident and may not look that great when we went into her room and how I shouldn’t bring up her appearance if she was awake.

          When we got it her room the nurse was in there checking her bandages. My mom’s face was all scrapped up and she had two broken legs. When she saw me she smiled. I smiled back, but it quivered when I came closer. She was hooked up to all these monitors that went off every hour or so. My mom told me she loved me. It wasn’t until a few years later until my dad told me she had died on the operating table when they tried stopping the blood during surgery. Thankfully, she came out of it. Ever since then I wasn’t too fond of hospital. They all remind me of death.