Ch.21

Chapter 21

Jason’s invitation  to the Warehouse caught me by surprise. I didn’t think he wanted to acknowledge the time we went to the warehouse together. After the way he treated me outside the supermarket I figured it was his way of telling me he hates me , not the mention his behavior towards me after that incident has been nothing shy of rude.

“Why on earth would you want me to come with you?”

“I don’t wanna go alone.” He answered nonchalantly.

“Go with Keith…Or someone else in the band.”

“They’re all busy.”

“Well so am I.” I replied dismissively. Trying hard to ignore the nerves that were going off in my stomach from being under Jason’s intense gaze.

 “Do you want to go?”

“I already told you, Jason. I’m busy.”

“I heard that. But do you want to go?”

“Well I th-“

“Cuse…. I want you to go.” He said admitted. I watched has his dark blue eyes turned more into a brighter color and he not so discreetly ranked his eyes over my body.

A bit of me wanted to go. The other half of me knew I shouldn’t. Matt would be so angry if he were to find out I went to the Warehouse with Jason. I don’t even know were Matt and I stand, and going to the Warehouse with Jason would only make things worse. On the other hand if I go to Warehouse with Jason, we might go back to the way things were before the time in the supermarket. I desperately wanted to be civil with him.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t think I can go. I want to, but I can’t.”

“If you want to go then ju-“

“I can’t, I’m sorry Jason.” I said forcing him a kind smile. “What’s your girlfriend doing tonight?”

“What girlfriend?” He asked in a bored tone.

“The girl I saw you kissing at the party…You guys were at your car…” I tried to jog his memory.  I was expecting him to tell me she wasn’t his girlfriend and that she was just some girl that meant nothing to him.

“Oh her. She doesn’t have cute Hello Kitty Underwear like you.” He smirked.

“So she is your girlfriend?” I asked

“Yeah”

His answer disappointed me, and I’m pretty sure it was evident on my face Not that I should care if he does or doesn’t have a girlfriend.

“Then ask her to go with you.”

“She doesn’t have cute underwear like you.”  He smirked.

“You’re disgusting.” I said and worked on the next problem. He didn’t actually expect me to come with him after his obnoxious behavior; did he? He’s probably just trying to get under my skin, and doesn’t even care If I come or not. “I want my glasses back.” I stated.

“I thought you liked to wear contacts.” He didn’t look up at me he was paying too much attention to his phone that he had now pulled out of his pockets.

“I do, but wearing my glasses is easier.”

“Does Matt like you better with or without the glasses?”

“I don’t know.” I sighed in annoyance. I didn’t know. I think Matt likes me more without glasses.

“Alright guys, that’s it for tonight. See ya tomorrow night at 6.” Mr.Banks said dismissing us.