Ch.19

Chapter 19 

Everyone has a flaw. Serafina hates to admit when she is wrong, Matt cracks his knuckles too often, Hunter is awful at math, I can't see without glasses or contacts, but Jason's flaw is the most irritating; he smirks. Sitting across from him at this table I can tell he is purposely trying not to smile, so he replaces it with that stupid sadistic smirk. It's not like I haven't seen him smile before; I've seen him do it plenty of times. The smirk on his face is distracting me from Pentia's rant. She has been going on and on about all the way she can punish me. 

"What exactly did you do that's was so bad Cox's? Forget to label the juice in the refrigerator again?" He teased. 

"Actually,Julie has earned herself the title of a complete bad-ass" Serafina started. I felt the urge to tell her not to tell her brother. To Serafina our relationship was simple. He was her brother and I am her best friend; we are friend by association. The time we went to the warehouse together,or the many secrets conversation Jason and I shared she was completely oblivious to. 

"Julie snuck out with Matt and they didn't get back till 5:30 this morning." Serafina smiled proudly at me. Jason's smirk was wiped off his face which I was grateful for. But the look he was giving me was much worse. Maybe his stare is his flaw. It's the type of stare that makes you uncomfortable just by thinking about it. His blue eyes looking at me with such intensity that I couldn't help but shift uncomfortably in my chair. 

"This boy is no good." Pentia said 

"N-Nothing happened." I whispered. It was meant for Pentia, but I was hoping that Jason heard it. 

"It's not a big deal." Serafina says taking a sip of her apple juice "Julie are you still a virgin?" She ask in a bored tone. I can tell she is trying to help, but I feel she is only making things worse.

"I- um"

"It's a simple question. Did you have sex or not?" Serafina asked.

"Not"

"Exactly! Which means you have zero chance of getting Prent, right?"

I nod my head.

"So you're not pregnant. You're still a straight A student, and you're not dead. So really Pentia; its not that big of a deal." 

Pentia looked at me then at Serafina. 

"You cannot hangout with Matt for a week. I think you need sometime away from each other." 

"How will I get a ride to and from school?" I asked 

"I can take you. It's not out of the way." Jason answered. I didn't want him to take me. I didn't even like him taking me to school in the morning, now he's my ride there and back. 

"B-B-but" 

"Julie let it go. That's not a bad punishment at all. Trust me. I get Punished a lot.I would know." Serafina lightly joked. 

===========

"School wouldn't suck so much if there wasn't test, quizzes, essays, or homework." Serafina complained as we sat at the lunch table. Normally I would explain to Serafina how all text,quizzes,essays, and homework makes us better learners, but I was too tired from last night.

"You are so right." Becky agreed. Becky agrees with everything Serafina says. 

"Like how am I supposed to focus on Hunter asking me to be his girlfriend if I have to worry about school?"  There were only three blocks left in the day and Hunter still hasn't asked Serafina to be his girlfriend. I can tell it's making her a bit anxious.