Ch.3

Ch.3

I studied my hair in the mirrior. Should I straighten it? I ran my fingers through the thousands of tiny curls my head possessed. It was already 6:30 and I was supposed to be at his house by seven. I wanted to look nice for Hunter. I wore a pink v-neck and jeans. I guess I could have found something sexier than a v-neck and jeans, but I think Serafina would kill me even if she saw this v-neck. But it isn’t like I have boobs that will be popping out and distracting him from studying. I ran my hands through my mountain of curls and decided to leave them as they are. I put on some chapstick.

-------

“Hey Jen!” Hunter greeted me when he opened the door. My heart picked up its pace as he stood in front of me with his muscular build, his green eyes staring at me. He was in shorts and a t-shirt, not wearing any shoes, just mid calf socks. His feet were huge. The only thing I could manage to do was correct him on my name.

“It’s Julie” I reminded him.

“You look like a Jen though, can you blame me?” He joked stepping aside and letting me into his warm, cozy house. His house smelt like homemade cooking and sounded like chaos.

“Hunter, honey, who is at the door?” I heard a mature woman ask.

“Just a friend mom we are going to go study” He responded. A short, blonde, stubby woman walked into the foyer and rolled her eyes at the sight of me. I started to feel uncomfortable under her gaze. Her face softened when I transferred my body slightly behind Hunter.

“What did I tell you about having ‘friends’ over. I do not like you bringing random girls in my house all the time.Especially on school nights.”  His mom scolded.

“Mom we're actually just studying. Look, she even has a backpack.” He said pointing to the black bag full of textbooks on my shoulder. I looked at his mom and nodded my head.

“Hi, I am Julie. ” I introduced myself.  Mrs.Dickson wiped her hands on her apron, shook my hand and smiled at me.

“Nice to meet you Julie. I'm Mrs.Dickson. Sorry if I scared you, but I'm always keeping my eyes  on this one. He's the most distracted young man I have ever met.” She shot a playful scowl in his direction.  I let out a little laugh at Hunter who just rolled his eyes at his mom.

“Alright, mom, we're gonna study now.” Hunter grabbed my arm and led me towards the stairs. His big warm hand on my tiny wrist made me gidddy with exceiment. I'm about to enter Hunter’s bedroom.

“Julie, will you be staying for dinner?” Mrs. Dickson asked.

“Oh, I, um” I looked up at Hunter to see what his response was, but he just shruggd his shoulders. “I don’t think so; I have a lot of work to do when I get home.”

“Nonsense, I'm setting a plate for you at the table. Now you two go and study.”

“Okay” I smiled and Hunter, still holding me by my arm, led me to his navy room. It was like I expected it to be: messy. The bed was unmade and had clothes all over it. The floor was covered with random laptop cords, clothes, and magazines. But I didn’t mind.

He sat on his bed and patted a spot for me to sit next to him . I tired to hide my joy when I calmly walked over to his bed and sat on it crisscrossed, while kicking my flip flops to the floor.

“So what is it you want to go over?” I asked him.

“Well, everything” he laughed sheepishly.

“Okay so let's start with the proofs. Do you know any of them?” I asked looking up from my textbook at him. His green eyes looked so confused and lost.