After

We get in the car. Jess looks a little nervous.

"What's the matter, Jess?" I ask.

"Oh...nothing," she replies softly.

I know better than that. I can always tell when something is wrong with Jess.

"Just tell me," I say.

"You just met him, Aria. And he's, like, 35!" she says loudly.

"37, actually," I correct her.

"Exactly. Don't you think this is going to get a little out of hand?" she asks.

"Jess. It's Adam Levine, dammit! I've obsessed over him my entire life," I say sternly.

"I know, but-"

"He invited me to LA with him," I say, cutting her off.

She almost swerves off the road.

"Jesus Christ, Jess!" I yell.

"Why would he take you to LA? What is he planning to do with you? What will I do while you're gone? What will everyone think?" she rushed.

"They'll think I'm getting in Adam's pants. I might actually do that, by the way," I wink, laughing loudly.

Jess rolls her eyes.

"Seriously, though. I'm going to be all alone all Christmas break while you get to have fun with Adam," Jess says sadly.

"Come with me! Jesse will be there," I say happily.

"I don't know if they'd want me..."

"Oh shush, no guy can resist you, Jess," I say.

"You're just saying that to make me feel better," she huffs.

"What kind of girl gets a kiss their first night out with Jesse? And furthermore, who even gets a night out with Jesse?" I ask.

"I don't know...still," she muttered.

We pull up to my house.

"Thanks for driving. Call me tomorrow, kay?" I say.

"Of course," she replies with a half-hearted smile.

I open the door and go straight to bed. It's been a long day.

Adam rolls over and puts his arm around me. "Aria..." he mutters in his sleep.

I wrap my arms around him and bring myself closer, softly kissing his sleeping lips.

"Mmmm," he mumbles.

I run my hands through his perfect hair. This man is beautiful.

*BEEP* My alarm goes off and I sit up. I look at my bed, but Adam is nowhere to be found. Unfortunately, it was all just a dream.