Loving Bittersweet Chapter 20

A/N I just wanted to say that this is a fan fiction, you will find that it doesn't follow the book directly. I adapt the story so that I can add Leianna to the storyline. It some parts, it will be like the book, some like the movie, and others will just be how I thought would be best for my story. I know some people would prefer a strict storyline, but it is almost to impossible to add a character without changing stuff around. I just wanted to put that out there, and thank you all for waiting for the update. :)

**********************************************************************

Leianna's P.O.V

The Great Hall was nothing like how I saw it when I first arrived at Hogwarts. The once grand, beautifully lit ceiling now was as dark as night. I couldn't even stand to look at it long. Instead, I held Draco's hand tightly in mine.

"Is everything okay?" Draco asks, glancing sideways at me.

"I'm fine," I say shortly. Just because I was feeling sad and slightly depressed didn't' mean I had to make him feel the same way.

"Leianna," he says, "I know you better than that, what's wrong with you?"

I knew I couldn't hide it from him, and if I kept denying, he would only insist more. "It's just," I began turning to face him more, "I can't believe how Hogwarts look."

Draco looks around the room, "It does look a little more frightening then usual."

I nudge him in the gut causing him to jump, "Fine , yes, I know what you mean."

"I think we need to go to our houses," Draco whispers to me.

"I think so too," I agree with him, "But meet me after this?" 

"The Room of Requirements?" he asks.

I give him a nod in response and we let our hand fall to our sides. I make my way to where the other Gryffindor students were standing. I spot Neville and decide to stand next to him.

"Do you know what's going on?" I ask, ready to tell him everything that I have learned.

"I do," he replies smiling, "And Snape is in for a big surprise."

I look at him questionably and he turns his gaze to a couple of rows of Gryffindors behind us.

I scan the students and spot what he was hinting. I nearly jumped at the sight. I bite my tounge and look back to Neville. "Yes, he is in for a surprise."

The Headmaster, as if on cue, walks into the room. Snape's new role as headmaster made him look more frightening then before. It didn't help that he was walking with such power towards the headmaster's podium.

As if that were a cue, all the students began falling silent. I looked towards the Slytherin side of the room, but do not see Draco anywhere.

Snape began speaking, I was barely paying attention to his words, they were so predictable. He wanted Harry, like all the other deatheaters.

Then, it happened, what I knew and was waiting for. Harry's voice boomed through the hallways. He called Snape out, called him out on everything, called him out on the death of Dumbledore.

Then the attack began, Snape began projecting spells back to back, and to my surprise Mc Gonagall stepped up to defend Harry.

We all stood in complete shock, waiting to see how the duel will end.

McGonagall throws another spell at Snape resulting in him becoming slightly off balance. Shock and fear crossed his face. Then, he turned into nothing but smoke..