Loving Bittersweet Chapter 7 Part 2

I hated waiting, I was curious as to what was going on downstairs.

I couldn't help but to sit on the bed, bite my nails, and bounce my leg impatiently waiting on Draco to return.

He had been downstairs for quite some time.

"This is stupid," I say to myself out loud. The more I thought about it the more it seemed ridiculous. The idea that he preferred me to sit in a room alone, when I could have easily helped him.

"I am capable of defending myself," I add.

And it was true, I had done it many times. Plus, what if Draco needed me, what if he was dueling right now

With that mindset I stand and take my wand firmly in hand.

I walk over to the door and reach for the handle, but just as I was about to touch the cold medal the door swings open.

I jump as a jolt of adrenaline ran through my body, not knowing who would have been on the other side.

I step back and let out a nervous breath.

"What were you about to do?" A curious Draco asks while eyeing me.

I place my hand against my heart trying to steady my heartbeat that felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.

"I was coming to see if everything was okay," I explain to him.

A sly smile crosses his face and he leans against the entrance of the room, "You were concerned about me Leianna?"

"I was concerned that it was taking you forever," I explain as I walk past him and into the hallway.

I look over the balcony down to see if the visitor was still there.

"Who was it Draco?" I ask turning back to him.

"What?"

"Who was down there?" I repeat a more to the point.

He looks down at his feet then back up at me, "Just an elf," he replies, "No one of importance or to worry about."

I cross my arms and turn more towards him, bracing myself against the railing, "Really?" I ask skeptically, "Just an elf?"

"Yes, who else could it have been?" he replies with a question of his own.

I once again roll my eyes and look away from him, "I don't know, that's why I am asking you," I mumble.

"I just don't see it taking almost an hour just to talk with an elf," I explain to him, "It doesn't make any sense to me."

I hear him push off of the door frame. Next I hear the sound of his footsteps coming towards me.

"You have nothing to worry about," he says leaning against the railing beside me, "No one will bother you up here."

"What's that supposed to mean Draco?" I ask.

"Just that you have no worries," he replies leaning in bring his words to a whisper, "No one knows where we are, and I will keep you safe."

"God!" I say throwing my hands up in frustration, I was tired of hearing the same thing from him.

"What?" he asks me.

"I'm tired of hearing the same thing," I explain, "We're alone, we have no worries, you are safe," I explain.

"I don't want to be alone, I don't want people to not nowhere we are, I honestly would love to see if everyone made it out okay, and furthermore, I don't feel safe, not at all."