Loving Bittersweet Chapter Five

*****************************

"Thank you," I say to George as he hands me a fresh glass of champagne. This was one reason I loved celebrations, especially weddings, it wasn't really noticed when underage wizards were drinking.

"You might want to make it your last," George states as he slips his hand in mine, "I do believe it's starting to have an effect on you."

"Rubbish," I tell him as I lazily look up. I knew he was speaking the truth, I just wasn't about to admit it, "I feel fine."

"I bet you do," he says with a laugh.

"Hey," I say as I put my hand over his shoulder, "It doesn't hurt to feel good from time to time."

"I know," he says as he wraps his hands around my waist.

I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. It felt nice not to have to worry for once what the future might bring, what might happen tomorrow.

We both swayed to the music as the band played a slow song. I kept my eyes closed, letting the music be the only thing that kept me in tact with reality.

But then, all of a sudden, the music stopped. I felt George come to a halt and his grip on my waist to loosen.

I lift my head and open my eyes.

The room that was once filled with happiness, light, and music had taken a turn.

The lights had faded, the music stopped. Now in the mist of the crown was a silver lynx, a patronus.

"George," I say feeling the fear in my body surface. I loook at him and he had already drawn out his wand.

I hesitantly reach for my small bag, a gift from Hermione I might add, that held my wand.

Inside I firmly take a hold of the soft wood and pull my wand out into the open.

Like everyone else in the room, I watched and waited.

The lynx flickered then its mouth opened, ""The Ministry has fallen," it begins making my skin crawl, " Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

The champagne which once had me in the most happiest mood seemed to pass, now replaced with complete fear.

The guests went into frenzy, screaming and shouting, running everywhere.

George securely grips my hand and keeps me close as we fight our way through the crowd.

It was then that I see what was happening, who we were warned about.

"George," I say bringing him to a halt.

I pull out my wand the same time he does.

Through the mess of the crowd I felt myself being pulled away from him, "George!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

Very dimly I heard my name being called.

Panicked I turned trying to find someone else I knew. It was then a curse was hurled at me, giving me only seconds to block.

Luckily I got my wand up in time.

I look into the face of Bellatrix Lestrange, who was smiling wickedly across the room.

I grit my teeth and lift my wand. U owed her a good duel.

I begin throwing curses at her, not giving her a chance to return. Finally I find the perfect opportunity to hit her with a good spell,"Petrificus totalus!" I shout hitting her in the chest.

Her body went ridged the she fell, fully binded.

I smile as I look at her, unable to move. I was in good nature to hit her with a killing curse, but I couldn't bring myself to do it, not even to a low life scum such as Bellatrix Lestrange.