Loving Bittersweet Chapter 23 Part 2

Draco and I fought very well together. I watched his back as he did mine. We were in perfect union.

"Look Leianna!" Draco shouts. I follow is gaze and I see a sight that instill so much hope within me.

Harry Potter was battling with Voldemort. We all couldn't help but to watch. "We need to help!" I yell. Draco reaches out and takes my head, leading the way towards the school.

As I got close I see Molly Weasley taking care of the awful bitch of an aunt Draco had.

"I have to say," Draco tells me, "I am happy to see her go."

I laugh causing him to smile.

I turn my attention back to Harry who was shouting back and forth with Voldemort.

I hear Voldemort as him something, something about love and by Harry's reply, he sent Voldemort into a craze.

Then they were speaking of Snape, Snape who had gave his life I did not even know.

Then they were speaking of the Elder wand, in Voldemort's hand.

"You still don't get it, Riddle, do you?" Are asks Voldemort, "Possessing the wand isn't enough! Holding it, using it, doesn't make it really yours. Didn't you listen to Ollivander? The wand chooses the wizard. . . . The Elder Wand recognized a new master before Dumbledore died, someone who never even laid a hand on it. The new master removed the wand from Dumbledore against his will, never realizing exactly what he had done, or that the world's most dangerous wand had given him its allegiance. . . ."

Everyone was watching them now.

"The true master of the Elder Wand was Draco Malfoy," says Harry.

I look to Draco who was frozen now.

"But what does it matter?" Voldemort replies. "Even if you are right, Potter, it makes no difference to you and me. You no longer have the phoenix wand: We duel on skill alone . . . and after I have killed you, I can attend to Draco Malfoy. . . ."

I lift my wand, over my dead body, I thought to myself.

"But you're too late," Harry tells him. "You've missed your chance. I got there first. I overpowered Draco weeks ago. I took this wand from him."

They argue more and me just lean closer to Draco, my wand still ready.

"I didn't know," Draco tells me, "I knew the wand never felt the same but..."

"Its okay, how could you have known?" I ask him.

He looked down to me then back up to where Harry and Voldemort was yelling.

Next thing I knew the spells were being casted at each other. The hit of the spells was so loud, it was as if a cannon went off.

We watched as the elder wand went soaring up and Harry, with great skill caught it.

I screamed, I cheered as did everyone else. This was our moment, this was our victory.

I looked at Voldemort's dead body, I never felt so much joy knowing this time he would never return.

I turn to Draco who was just as happy as I was. I jump in his arms, hands around his neck and legs around his waist and I kiss him.

The Battle was won, we had finally defeated the Dark Lord.

Draco sets me back on the ground but I refuse to move my arms from his neck.

"What now?" I ask him, "We are free to do whatever we like. No more hiding, no more sides..."

This causes him to smile.

"I don't care what is next," he tells me.

"As long as I have you by my side, I don't care."

I kiss him again, more intensely.

"I love you Draco Malfoy," I tell him softly.

"I love you Leianna Sweary," he tells me.

*****************************************************

"