Loving Bittersweet Chapter 12 Part 1

Draco's P.O.V

Draco had no words to describe his life up to this point. Nothing seemed to be predictable; it was as if there was always something to happen to take him by surprise. And the girl who was lying in his arms, well this was his largest surprise yet.

Looking down at Leianna, resting in his arms, snuggled up close... this was something he could only have dreamed would happen again, but here she was. She was everything to him, the reason he breathed, the reason he kept going in this messed up world.

Leianna stirred in her sleep causing Draco's racing mind to come to a halt. He didn't want her to wake. He knew exactly what she would do once she did. It never failed, her conscious mind always won in the end.

She would explain to him that it could not happen again, that she regretted everything, that is was wrong, and of course she would explain how she didn't' want to hurt that thing she called a boyfriend.  Worst of all, Draco knew she would try and avoid him, to keep her distance to ensure nothing like this would happen again. Yes, this is what awaited him once she woke up.

So for now, all Draco wanted was to relish this moment, to hold her close, take in her scent, and not think about how it would be later.

*********************************************

Leianna's P.O.V

I still was in a haze when I finally woke up. Part of me wanted to stay here, in this in between state, not wanting to deal with reality, with the pain I would feel once I was wake. I didn't want to think about my actions, about what I had just done. It was wrong of course, but I couldn't find it in myself to regret it in the slightest.

I let out a sigh.

"Leianna," Draco's voice says waking up what any amount of fatigue I had.

I open my eyes, knowing I would have to look at him sooner or later, I puck up the courage and lift my head.

For a split second I had expected to Draco with a mocking grin on his face. Instead I was greeting with a warm smile, "Sleep well?"

I almost wondered if I was still asleep.

"I did," I reply breathlessly.

This was awkward, very awkward. Draco had possibly made me feel every emotion known to humans but awkward was something I didn't expect. It was as if I woke up to a stranger.

"I'm fine," he replies.

"Okay then," I state as I turn away from him and sit up, with the cover held firmly against me.

"Leianna, let me start by saying" he goes to say but I stop him,

"Draco, can we please not talk about this just right yet?" I ask turning to look at him.

"But I know what you are going to do," he tells me as he sits up beside me in the bed.

"You will start off with blaming yourself, then you will say you regretted everything, and to finish, you will not speak with me or even go near me for that matter, for a very long time."

"Actually," I begin as I turn more towards him, "Let me start of by saying I don't' really blame myself, this was a mutual thing. I do not regret it, believe it or not. And I don't think we are in the right circumstance for me to ignore you or not talk to you, we are supposed to be a married couple if you remember."

In response, he said nothing, just stared in shock I assume. There was no reason to lie to him, it happened, we both wanted it, and it's done.

I take the cover from him wrapping it more around me and stand up.

"I'm going to go wash off.. again," I say looking back to him, "And don't interrupt me this time please."

I walk away from the bed and back towards the bathroom, inwardly smiling because of the expression I had left on Draco's face.

****************************************

Draco's P.O.V

"What in bloody hell just happened?" Draco mumbled to himself.

He didn't know whether to be happy how things had turned out or to be scared. He never imagined that she would have had this type of reaction. This was very unlike her.

He sits up in the bed, pushing the sheet from his body. He stands up and walks towards the bathroom door.

Listening closely he hears her sing in the shower. Leianna... was singing... 

Draco wondered if he was in an alternate universe or something.

He walks away from the door and over to where he had laid a clean pair of trousers.

Just as he zipped the zipper, he hears a knock on the door.

He walks over and unlocks it.

Opening the door, Draco sees Gerald staring back at him.

"Me and the wife was wondering if you two were going to come to dinner," he says.

"Oh, sorry," Draco begins, "we must have lost track of time."

Gerald eyes him, looking at his features. Then listening as the sound of the water from the shower went off.

"I see," he replies hiding a knowing smile.

"Draco, can you hand me my dress in the closet?" Leianna shouts from the bathroom.

"Coming," he replies to her feeling slightly embarrassed as the old man laughs.

"You two finish up, we'll see you in ten minutes?" Gerald asks.

"Five, and again sorry," Draco tells him.

Gerald just waves it away and turns.

Draco smiles and watches the old man walk away.

When he shuts the door, he sees Leianna peeking out from behind the bathroom door.

"Who was that?" she asks.

"Gerald," Draco replies as he takes out her dress, "He was curious as to why we haven't come down for dinner."

"Oh," Leianna replies shortly.

She takes the dress from his hands, "I will get ready and we'll go," she tells Draco as she slams the door back shut.

"Waiting on you out here darling," he says sarcastically as he picks up his shirt.

He buttons the buttons and takes a seat on the edge of the bed.