4

E | Coffee

I woke up around 4 AM due to a sudden loud bang and realized that it was a thunder when i peeked through my glass window. I untie my long curtains to cover the window and went back to bed. Its not even rainy season yet but the rain is falling so hard on the roof.

5

6

7

8

I wasnt able to go back to sleep and i dont know why.

I went down the stairs to have some tea or coffee when I saw Max and Kev perfectly seated on a couch, cuddling. I smiled as I pass through them. Max opened her eyes and saw me entered the kitchen.

I cant see where the coffee is.

"Nak, pagtitimpla na kita ng gatas mo," Yaya Lori came into the kitchen followed by Max.

"Ya, ako na po." I smiled.

"Sigurado ka?" She tilted her head to make sure I am. I nodded once and gave her a smile to assure her that im fine. Its just a coffee.

"Nakausap ko na si Julie." Max came in and i sighed.

"Max, i cant," i admitted. I want to go on easily and if i ever say yes to Max, it will ruin everything. All the walls i set too high will surely fall.

"Moe, what's wrong between you and Julie? You just met 1 day ago. She might become your good friend here. You've been alone and for so long. Meet and make new friends! Distract yourself," she sighed and insisted. How could i even explain to Max?

"Max, she's my greatest distraction. I fear a lot. I fear that i might fall again," i had to admit now. There's no better time to tell all the truth but now. It is better to be said right now rather than later.

She gave me a confused look and I know i had to tell every piece of the past in order to let go and move on. Enough.

"Max, she was the girl.... That I loved for more than my life."

I whispered with my eyes closed. And she stood there surprised. See?

"Ibig mong sabihin..." she started thoughtfully trying to connect all she has in mind as her fingers ran through her mouth.

"Oo Max. Siya ang rason kung bakit ako naging miserable noon. Ang tagal kong pinaghandaan to! Apat na taon. I know my decision. I know what i needed to do," i stood up and walked back and forth.

The rain had stopped and the time ticked by so fast.

"Moe, there is nothing wrong about second chances," she smiled and left me.

No. No. No.

I cant.

I cant let myself fall for her again.

I cant force somebody to love me. That's enough to think about. I lost the battle and there's nothing more to do but to forget and walk as far as I can.

"Hey!!!" A voice came and there i saw Jordin standing at my door.

"Hey Jords!" i smiled.

"Tara na!" she always pullednme out of my bed.

"Easy on me, you brat!" i laughed and so did she.

We drove to Max's shop again to go over the dresses i picked up for Jordin.

"Hi sir Elmo," a tiny girl came to greet us. I think she's Flor.

"Flor, right?" i asked politely and she gave me a flirtatious smile. What the?