8

E | Know

The next morning, i woke up a little early but stayed on my bed to check emails on my laptop. Meetings here and there, lunch with Mom and dinner with Dad. I just wish we could have lunch altogether and save dinner for other people. Well? I need to balance my time equally.

I hit the shower and prepared myself then have breakfast with.... Alone. I think Max and her hubby went out for a check up. I checked my time and it says 8:35. I wonder if she's awake by now. I slid my phone from my pocket and dialed her number.

"Hello?" she answered on the second ring.

"Hi! Did i wake you up or something?" i asked and then i heard her giggled.

"No, no. But im still on my bed," i heard her stretched and yawn.

"Time to get up, sleepyhead!" i said cheerfully and then she chuckled.

"15 minutes," that again. Her countdown and her more-time-to-bed.

"Okay. Shall i hang up now?" I asked and she almost screamed and answered,

"NO! No. Please."

"Okay, baby. Im still here. Your 15 minutes more starts now. Dont waste any single second. Im not gonna end the call," i told her and the other line went into a dead silence but i think i can hear her breathe.

I could get used to this. It's so nice to have a reconciliation with someone who has been a big part of your life. It is way easier to inhale and exhale, it is more comfortable to move without avoiding anything and all that.

I took my time having my breakfast and i think she had deeply fallen back asleep after a few several minutes. I stayed quiet as i just watch the moving numbers indicating the minutes of the call while focused on hearing the silence from the other line.

"Moe?" Just before the clock ticks again, she spoke.

"Baby, im still on," i answered.

"I know. I didnt take a nap," she confessed and that brought a smile on my face.

"Then.... What did..."

"I just wanna listen to whatever you are doing," she sighed.

"I was waiting for you to snore but what i only heard was a pure silence," i kidded and she laughed a bit.

"Will it be a busy day for you?" she asked and i sadly admitted that it will be.

"I may not see you today, but i'll come visit you t Max's shop tomorrow," i sighed.

"Moe, it's okay," i heard her tossed on her bed.

"Your voice is sad. Tell me what you are thinking," i stood up and went to the garage and sat on my car.

"It is?" and then her voice grew louder, asking.

"It really is but you're trying to sound cheerful, " i confirmed and she started laughing.

"We should end this call before i could say unnecessary things out of the blue," she mumbled and i laughed.

"I wanna hear one."

"No! Go now!"

"Okay, okay. Have a good day, baby!"

"Thank you. You too!" her sweet voice rung into my ears as she said those.

"I love you, Juls," and that it suddenly slipped out of my mouth and made her remained silent for a couple minutes, probably thinking whether to say it back or not.