17

Julie | Unexpected

Days have been passed and i still couldn't get out from my head his weakening voice that got stuck in my ears when he last called.

It was weakening and heartbreaking. I knew it was hard but i wanna stop hurting him. He's free to love a person right now. A way and much better one.

"Magkano po yung isang white rose?" i asked the flower vendor and she smiled at me as she answered,

"30 pesos, Ma'am."

I had my money in my pocket and paid for the flower and didnt took the change. She said thank you as i did the same and walk through the park. The benches were full but and i dont wanna stay in crowded place. I walked and walked until i found a peaceful place near the boundary of the place. The view of a thousand pine trees were calming in the eyes. I closed my eyes as i focused to breathe in and then out. And then i sighed.

It feels nice to unwind and free my mind. I walked a little bit until i saw a pretty lady walking alone not too far from where i was standing. I was following her steps with my eyes trying to study her face.

She's sad or something.

She sat on the wood and had her earpods on when i decided to go make friends with her.

"Umm, hi. Pwede bang makiupo?" I politely asked. At first, she wasnt looking. She didnt even moved her head to look at me. But i still sat down beside her.

"Sometimes we need fresh air to breathe, a nice view to watch and a strangers to talk to," i began as i look at the pretty skies.

I felt her move this time and realized that she removed her earpods from her ears and then i slowly looked at her and smiled.

"Hi, im Abigail," she showed me a small smile and offered her hand.

"Hi, Abi. Im Julie," and then i accepted her hands and shake it.

Ahhh. She's broken. Or something.

"Everything will be okay. Soon," i looked at her and she nodded.

"Sana nga. Ang hirap kasi. Gusto kong huminga pero ang hirap," she started and there was a little sob escaped from her mouth. I dont even know what she's going through but i feel connected with her. I touched her back and ran my fingers back and forth as i offered her my shoulder.

"Magiging okay ka din pagdating ng panahon. Stay strong," i tapped her shoulders and she stared at me.

"Ikaw ba nasaktan na?" She asked and i stayed quiet for awhile before i answered her question.

I nodded and i know she felt that i moved.

"Lumayo ako. Kasi hindi ako nararapat sa mundo niya," i whispered fighting my mind not to have a pictures from the past.

She sat properly as she faced me.

"Ikaw ba nasaktan na?" I asked back ad she smiled sadly.

"Nasasaktan pa rin."

My brows met and asked, "Bakit?"

"Mahal ko siya. Mahal niya ako. Pero ayaw ng mundo sa amin. Ang hirap pala ng ganun, Julie," her tears spilling down her face again as she talk.

"Sabi niya siguro nga mas magandang magkalayo kami. Pero at the end of the day, ang huling maiisip namin ay yung isa't isa," she ended there. And there i thought about him.

Abi's case was different from mine. Though i dont know the whole story, i felt that there was lacking. But im sure if they love enough each other, they could find a way. But of course i cant tell her that since i dont even have a good example to base from.