22

J | First

Days slowly passed by and it gets tiring everyday. I was back on track, back to the old routines.

Shop.
Studio.
Cemetery
Coffee shop
Home

I have seen Elmo visited Bella thrice this week. I wanted to go near him and wanna hug him tight and will say thank you for doing it, but i dont have the courage to do it yet. I watched him from afar and even took a few pictures of him. My heart bruised everytime i saw him there. I never really thought that he would act this way. I sighed. I should never think about these things again. Life gives us 'tomorrow' for more opporrunities to achieve our goals and chances to live the way that we want to.

I drove to the studio to check Klyde but he was really busy inside the work room. I decided not to interrupt and drove home instead.

"Hi Apo," Gran opened the door for me with a very welcoming smile.

"Hello Grandma," i plafully gave her a smile. She dont really like the 'Grandma'.

"Ikaw talaga. Kumain ka na ba?" she asked as she led me inside the kitchen.

"Hindi pa po. Kumain na ba kayo?" I asked back and i saw her nod.

"Halika na, kumain ka muna," She said and i sat down as Gran prepared me a food. It's just 7 in the evening though.

"May plano na ba bukas yung mahal ko?" She teased and i think you guys knew what she's talking about. Tomorrow's his birthday.

I was unsure of what to do, i just nodded at Gran and ate dinner as she told me stories about what Elmo told him in Baguio and other stuffs.

"He said he was willing to wait. All he wanted to ask was for you to never shut the door just like that," She held my hand across the table and i nodded, waiting for more.

"But turns out, hindi maganda yung naging usapan niyo noong nakaraan," she added and i nodded once trying not to remember the picture of his crging face when we talked. But i could still remember how i slap him in the face. I cant believe i did that!

"Julie, chances never come around everytime," she murmured quietly and that sentence made me look at her and when i look at Gran's face, she was smiling. I understand what she neant by that and so i stood up and gave her a warm embrace.

I ate my dinner as Gran did some stuffs up. Nanay Erin was back home as well when i told her that im going to Andi's tonight.

I checked my time and says it's 8:30. It's kind of a far drive from home but i miss being there. Also, i wanna sing tonight. I smiled on that thought.

I drove and got there and saw that it was a little crowded tonight, wow. I missed this olace and its ambiance. It's really different and calming. I stayed at the back part of the café for awhile as I saw a little girl on that little platform singing a beautiful song. A smile never left my face as i watched her and then after awhile she said she has to take a break.

"Julie?" a voice came and it was astonishing to see Andi.

"Andi," i squeaked and stood up immediately to give her a hug. I havenr seen her for so long.

"How are you? I havent seen you for like forever!" she giggled and sat right next to me.

"I know. But im good. Are you with the kids?"  i looked around.

"Hindi eh. I left them at home with their Dad," she said and i nodded.

"Since i miss you, do something for me," giving me a beautiful smile, she dragged me up to thay mini platform and made me sit on the stool and gave me the guitar. I cant help but laugh. I shook my head and stopped laughing when she left. I first cleared my throat.