21

Julie | Breathe

As i fixed and arranged his stuffs inside his huge room, a thousands of ideas swarmed into my mind. I cant help but smile. Im done with all that running away and crying and sobbing and stuffs.

I apparently saw how he put efforts just to prove that he loves me more than anything in this world. Now i think is my time to make up everything that i once stupidly did.

Ate Max was always there and im beyond thankful that no matter how i wanted to break the strings and let go, there were still people behind me, holding back and helping me to go back on track.

The light was about to break when i finished cleaning and giving his room a little twist. He always wanted to have it clean but let's have a little change a bit this time around.

"Are you done?" Ate Max came in and i nodded.

Before i go home, i once took a moment to admire his beautiful room. He only have few things inside his space with a very masculine look and too mesmerized by the thing that was hanging beside his work area. It was a big and beautiful painting of someone standing by the seashore, smiling so big admiring the beauty of the beach. It was a beautiful sunset. It brings smile to my face when i stared at it and as i look at it closer and closer, i realized that it was not anybody out there. This someone i have been thinking was..... Me.

It was me who was on that big painting!

"Ate Max!" i called her out and she came back in no second.

"Julie! May kailangan ka pa ba?" she asked and i shook my head.

"Ate, can we turn this thing down?" I pointed at the painting and then Ate Max started laughing.

"Naiilang ka," she giggled and i shyly nodded.

"We cant do that. It's his favorite thing in this room," she said and she took my hand and walked me into another room full of books and paintings.

She turned on the lights and it wowed my eyes when i saw the painting on the wall.

"This is his library slash work space slash Julie shrine," Ate Max giggled. I was amazed by the hanging painting around te room. I mean.. There are hundreds of paintings. And it was all my face!

"I'll talk to him about this, Ate," i said covering my face as i dragged myself out of the room and Ate Max followed.

"That's okay, Julie. You see. You are his happiness," she gave me a warm embraced as we stopped and closed the door. I hugged her back tightly for a long minute and then let go.

"Im sorry, ate," i apologized but she held my fave and level her eyes to mine.

"Don't say sorry. Naiintindihan kita. Im just so glad to have you back now. At kahit ano oang gawin mo, im not letting you go. I love my brother but i love you even more. You know i respected your every decision and listened to you but right now, you're trapped," we giggled and i nodded.

"Thank you, Ate Max," we hugged each other again and she jusy nodded.

"I'll see you next week, okay?" she said and i nodded as we both walked out of the house.

We both drive to the hospital with our own car and she let me in first to have a moment with Elmo.

I usually come and visit him at midnight or whenever he's asleep. I like watching him sleep and stared into his face. I havent done this for a long time - me admiring his lips, eyes, nose and everything. I sighed whenever i think of the days that i missed to spend with him.