20

E | Hope

I slowly opened my eyes and it got stuck to a blinding white ceiling that looks really unfamiliar to my eyes. And the smell. It is so bad.

Where am i?

I tried to move my head but i felt something pain in it. My eyes flew down to my hands and saw a little tubes injected on my wrists. I am at the....

Hospital?

Wait.

What am i doing here?

Why does my head bandaged with this gauze?

Why cant i move freely?

This is so weird and unusual.

I am supposedly working in my office now.

I looked up and saw the wall clock up.

Then i remember what happened. There were cars that were swerving all around me until one car, not too far away where im driving, hit my own car and then crashed.

I heard a creaking noise and listened where it came from. It was from the far left and then i saw Max walking towards me.

"Max," trying to find my voice, i managed to whisper that.

She gasped loudly and almost fell when she saw me.

"Oh My God! Moe, you're awake," she almost scream and came near me and pressed a button beside my bed.

"Doc, gising na po yung kapatid ko," i heard her said.

"Hi! How do you feel?" She asked as she stomped her feet and smiling nervously.

"Max, stop. Sit down. Im feeling good, you have no idea," i told her and then she calm down and sat beside me.

After a few minutes, the doctor came in and greeted us.

"It's good to see you finally opened your eyes," He smiled as i gave him back a small smile and nodded.

"Okay look up," he demanded as he held a flashlight and checked my eyes.

"All good. How do you feel?" he asked.

"Im feeling good. Though i can still feel the pain in my forehead," i said honestly as i stared at his eyes.

He nodded, "That's normal," and checked my arms.

"You're arm will be healed in a week or so. Brain is all good. Tests are all positive. All are getting back to normal. You're better than the past days," he pulled a smile again.

"Thank you, Doc. Pwede na po ba akong umuwi?" I asked. Staying in a hospital bed is very uncomfortable.

"Pwede na. After three days. We need to monitor you and keep you for a little while before releasing you. Max, stop worrying now. He's okay. But he has to stay here for a couple more days so we can monitor the last check up and his arm," he spoke to my sister and Max thanked him. He looked at me and said goodbye before he went out of the room.

"Three more days," i sighed. Max held my hand and said,

"That's okay. What do you want to do?"

I shook my head. I wanted to rest more after talking to the doctor.

"She is so worried about you," She gave me a sad smile.

"Mom? You heard the doctor. Im fine. Go give her a call," i told Max with my eyes closed.

"It's not Mom, Moe," she chuckled in a low tone and my eyes flew open as i looked at her confusedly.

She stood up and held her phone. "I'll be back in a few, brother. I have to make a phone call."