23

Elmo | Present

"Happy Birthday, my love," she whispered as she caressed my face. I wanted to kiss her so bad but I need to control myself. I know we miss each other but i still need to talk to her to clear things out but not right now. It's not a good timing.

I kissed her cheeks instead and asked her to drive safely for the third time and then i slowly watch her car disappeared from the darkness.

I was home before the time ticks at 12. I opened the main door and there was Max standing with a cake on her hand with a candle. I almost laughed when she started singing. I know i have the best sister in the world and im beyond thankful about that.

"Happy biryhday, brother!" she beamed and i made a wish before blowing all the candles and then i gave her a hug after that.

The surprises didnt stop there. I was able to sleep for like five hours more and when the sun shine through my window, the day started and my emails and my phone itself didnt stop from ringing. Birthday greetings!

I went down to eat breakfast and i was too surprised to see a table full of yummy foods. I called our Max but she's not answering. Maybe she's our to work a little early today.

I was busy responding to the greetings when my phone rung and it was Max who's calling.

"I just wanted to remind you that you have an hour left to prepare and another one hour to drive here at Mom's restaurant. See you, birthday boy!" She spoke without a break.

"Max, what about...." I didnt finish the question. She went offline just like that. Ugh.

I made my way up to my room to take a shower and prepare myself for the celebration today.

"Hey! Happy birthday!" My mom surprised me in the venue when i got there. She just flew to Amuerica last week if i am not mistaken.

I gave her a hug and said thank you and i had a little catch up talk with her before the full number of visitors arrived.

I've got a lot of gifts from friends and family and i know i couldnt ask for more. I am truly blessed with such a big great squad in my life.

There was a band and my friends went onstage ro play the instruments and rock on. There were full of laughters in the room. I think this is the best birthday ever so far in my entire life.

But is it, really?

My head began to turn feom left to right trying my quest for someone but i met Max's smiling face. I waved her hi and mouthed thank you to her. She winked at me as we both enjoy the party.

I have no words for the food. They are mouthwatering and delicious and i can see the guests enjoyed themselves.

It is another year older. I sighed happily as i watch my mom and dad and my sibs danced altogether enjoying the light music. They dragged me in the middle and i had no idea what to do. I was surrounded by my friends dancing and i cant help myself but laugh so hard as i made some moves. This is sort of embarrassing but it is not that bad.

Mom and dad lastly gave a message for everyone who came to celebrate with us. I got another set of happy birthday wishes before they could leave the room.

Ha! Today was a little bit tiring!! But im so happy.

"Thank you, Max. You overdid it!" i teased as i gave her a hug.

"Anong overdid ka jan? Wala pa toh sa main plan!" she kissed my cheeks as she carry her bag and led me outside the restaurant and went to the parking area.