Chapter Two

Chapter 2

~

I'm in physics which is the period after lunch.

I'm always happy for two reason during 5th and 6th period, because one) I get to chill with Lotte and I take a break from Celeste and Jake then right after that... I get to see Asher.

My two favorite people.

I walk in and Asher's not there yet, so I legit start praying he didn't leave early or something and make it to class even if he was late. Eventually, he finally comes in as I'm settling, getting out our textbook and he smiles at me.

"Hey Dawn," he waves to me.

"Hey Asher," I say back to him. He puts his plain black backpack down by his seat.

"What's up?"

"Ugh, nothing much. Just dreading the SATs coming up," I groan not looking at him. He nodded.

"Ah that sucks. I took the practice test my sophomore year, did you?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, it was pretty hard, but that was because I left my $175 dollar scientific calculator in my moms car. I was so pissed I just started choosing answers on the math portion," I admitted. He laughed.

"Haha! That really sucks. Hey, did you do the homework last night? I did it, but I don't think my answers are right," he got it out.

"Me either. We can check them together," I suggested. Even though Asher was a senior taking physics again, he was still pretty smart.

He told me he had to retake the class because he failed first semester by two points, and I didn't blame him. And this may sound wrong, but I'm glad he failed, because if not....he wouldn't be sitting with me right now and we most likely wouldn't be friends.

We chuckled checking our answers as there were only two that were different and he bet half a pack of gum his answers were right and I bet my wretched green mechanical pencil I was right.

"Ooooo a pencil. I really need that," he smiled down at me.

"Half a pack of gum? Looks like it'll last me 'till Tuesday. Excluding the weekends," I commented. He laughed holding his hand in his stomach.

"Haha! Let's just see who got them right first," he crossed his arms.

"Fine," I nodded at him with a scrunch face as the tardy bell rang.

"Alright class. Take out your homework and trade papers...." Asher and I gave each other glances taking each other's paper.

"Good luck," I whispered.

"You're the one whose gonna need it," he told me clicking his pen.

"Oh yeah right," I rolled my eyes. He laughed again glancing down at me. I had to smile.

Five minutes later, we both ended up getting a question out of the two wrong so it was even.

"Aw man. I really needed that pencil," he sighed.

"And I really could've used half a pack of gum," I sighed disappointed in myself. We paused looking at each other before sharing a laugh. "I don't care. You can have the pencil," I offered it to him. "I never use it anyway." He smiled.

"Well than you can have my pack of gum. I have a ton at home from my little sister," he smiled. I took it as he took the pencil.

"Thanks."

I went ahead and already took a piece and I didn't know if it was because it was in Asher's possession or what, but it tasted better, or I just had lunch and it was refreshing.