Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

~

October 14th, Wednesday

~

My confidence from yesterday must've rolled over into today because for school the next day, I decided to try and look cute.

I had on some nice fitted dark blue skinny jeans (no sweats), a cute black long-sleeved shirt that had a designer pocket of gold glitter (no hoodie), and I had on my black converse (no Uggs), and my hair was up again.

Lotte was drinking her Pumpkin Spice Frappe at her locker on her phone waiting for me, and when she saw me her eyes nearly popped.

"OMG Dee!" She squealed. The few people that were in the hall looked over at us, but I accepted her greeting and even saw Celeste with Nikki and Jasmine a little ways ahead of us. "You're so cute!!"

"Thanks girl. Is that mine?" I asked her sarcastically at the Cotten Candy Frappe.

"It is Wednesday," she gestured smiling. I took it chuckling. "So girl..." She left a dramatic pause. "Tell me....EVERYTHING." I gasped nearly forgetting.

"Omg, okay..."

I began to tell her every detail from yesterday with Asher, from him opening the door for me, to us hugging in the parking lot before we departed and just me remembering what happened yesterday made me even happier.

It was maybe five minutes of me finishing the conversation with Charlotte and Asher came by.

"Dee!" He greeted.

"Ashhher," I dragged out.

"Annnnd Charlotte," he pointed to Lotte. I looked at her.

"Asher," was her greeting. "I hear you took my girl out yesterday from some tacos," she crossed her arms with squinted eyes. I chuckled.

"Yes I did and I have to say, I know why you guys are friends. Dee's a fun person to hang out with," he glanced at me. I blushed giggling.

"Of course she is boy, that's why we're best friends," she commented back. I laughed and Asher sighed.

"Well, it seems I can't get you to like me, but I guess I'll see you in physics Dee," he waved.

"Hehe, bye Asher," I blushed.

"See you too Lotte," he smiled. I gasped as he called her Lotte.

"Don't call me Lotte stupid. You have to have a privilege for that," she told him upfront. He chuckled coolly.

"Oh alright. Sorry Charlotte. I will see you later then," he corrected.

"Hmhuh, sure," she nodded with narrow eyes. Asher and I chuckled and he left with a small wave and I did too. "Ugh, now I don't even know if that's the same boy you went out with yesterday," she sighed tiredly. "He's so annoying."

"Omg Lotte, you were totally asking for it," I smiled exchanging my books in my locker.

"No way! But I'll back off. Besides...." Suddenly as she was stating her sentence, Jake came by with Kevin and she glanced at me after looking at them and she finished, "I still have Kevin." They came by and stopped by us and Lotte slammed her locker closed.

"Kevin..." She famously squinted her eyes at him.

"Lotte..." He said back with an raised eyebrow and a lifted chin.

"Hello Kitty," Jake smiled moving back and forth on his heels.

"Hello Jake," I said back with a titled head. We all kind of stared at each other for a minute, pacing glances.