Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter 27

~

I made it to the movies and as I'm sitting in the parking lot trying to keep cool I get a text from Charlotte and it reads,

7:39pm
'Call me after the date w/ Asher & give me all the sweet deats!! And just btw, Kevin and I had an AMAZING time together at Trendy Treats!!! I'm literally sitting in my car right now as we talked for two hours!! IM SCREAMING!' -Lotte

I chuckled at Lotte's text, hoping to have same kind of night with Asher only at the movies and we're not talking, but cuddling.

7:42pm
'OMG YES! I promise! Totally sweating right now but I'll send you a pic of my date outfit today through Snapchat. It's ultra cute! BRB GF' -me

After I checked my make up in the mirror and I finally found the strength to get out my car, I get a message from Jake as I'm closing my car door and it reads,

7:47pm
"Good luck Kit-Kat, and remember my two bullet points;) Guy Pays for Ticket and Movie Displacement;)' -Jake

I chuckled and roll my eyes and as I'm walking up to the theater I text back,

7:47pm
"Shut up I know. I ACTUALLY pay attention when someone teaches me something new and hey! NO EMOJIS.' -me

Of course Jake answers back with,

7:58pm
'Don't forget to tell me how it goes;)' -Jake

I shake my head and put my phone away and as I do, I see Asher coming from the other direction.

"Hey, Dee!" He waves.

"Haha, Asher!" I smile. When we met we hug for a few seconds and I smile up at him. "How's it going?"

"Good, now that I'm with you," he winked. I busted out laughing by how he said it and how cheesy it was with a cocked eyebrow and I pulled his arm.

"Shut up and let's go," I laughed.

"What!?" He asked being hysterical. I rolled my eyes.

When we walked into the theater the lines were long, but moving quit fast and I instantly remembered Jake's first rule to a successful movie date....

The guy buys the tickets.

As we were standing together in line and I had my arms crossed as it was a little chilly in the theater, I decided to be a little ahead of Asher, and see the cashier first just to see if he would intervene. Hopefully he won't notice.

"So Dee, why don't you like scary movies?" Asher asked me as we started moving in the line. I took a small extra baby step so I could be a little ahead of him.

"It's not that I don't like them," I corrected him as I rolled my eyes to meet his. "I just don't like having the spirit of fear and growing up an only child always home alone, I really shouldn't dwell my mind with that stuff," I told him in and as if type of way. "Besides what's so fun about being scared anyways?" Asher chucked at me as we started moving up more. Only two more sets of people ahead of us.

"It's entertaining just like a comedy or a romance. It's suspenseful and keeps you wide awake rather than bored sleep with some chick flick," he commented. "About popular girls who want to ruin other girls lives, or the cute guy in the girls classroom." I gasped at him slapping his arm as I would Jake and he laugh rubbing it.

"Hey, Mean Girls is a great movie," I pointed at him. We were next in line.

"If I was teenage girl? I'd agree too," he grinned at me in a sexy way. "But I'm not." I huffed rolling my eyes again and laughed as I stepped up to the register and Asher behind me.