Chapter Eight

Chapter 8

October 13th, Tuesday
~

I'm having a crisis.

It's Tuesday after school and it's currently 5:08pm and I'm running around my room like a crazy person.

Reflecting, school was great today.

To sum it all up quickly, Charlotte informed me both our costumes will come at the end of next week, Asher and I totally hit it off in physics again endlessly laughing and I even got to lean on his shoulder because I was laughing so hard and nearly died today, Jake told me he was actually on chapter two of Bubble Gun and Cigarettes (but he did also tell me the only reason why he decided to read it is because he couldn't sleep last night) but I saw it as he was actually wanting to read, but didn't want to seem weak, and Celeste didn't come harass me in the hallways like she always does. In fact, she wasn't even in cheer practice before school, but I saw her throughout the day. She kept her distance and I kept mine which I totally don't mind one but, but right now?

I'm panicking.

"What to wear, what to wear?" I mumbled running around my room.

"Are you okay Dee?" My mom called to me from downstairs. "I can hear you stomping."

"I'm fine Mom," I yelled back down to her in my closet. "Just......dancing," I said awkwardly. "Wait, what?" I said under my breath. "Forget it. I have to find an outfit before it's too late, BUT WHAT??" I ran over to my phone and searched through my contacts for Lotte, and I straight up called her.

"Lotte's been on a few dates. I'm pretty sure should could help me find something to wear or give me an idea."

I dialed her number and was pacing around my room bitting my left index finger literally sweating bullets. 'Now I have to take a shower,' I thought in the back of my mind. She answered.

"Hey-" I cut her off,

"Lotte, I need your help-" but she talked over me.

"Sorry can't talk now. Call me back in a few or leave a message. Who even calls these days? If you're a boy, don't ever call me again, if you're my home girl Dee, I'LL CALL YOU BACK. Leave a message if you need to!!" I heard the beep and I hung up.

"Shoot! Charlotte's still in soccer practice!! Who am I suppose to talk to now??" I sat there discourage on my bed for 15 seconds, but I jumped up.

"Jake."

I got my phone again and played some music to calm me down on my bluetooth stero and I texted him,

5:16pm
'Jake.' -me

Thank God he answered back quickly.

5:16pm
"Helllllo Kitty. What are you doing answering me. Shouldn't you be getting ready for your date?' -Jake

5:17pm
'I should, but I'm freaking out!! What am I suppose to wear on a first 'date'??' -me

5:18pm
'Calm down, calm down. When is your unclassified 'first date?' ' -Jake

5:20pm
'6:05' -me

5:21pm
'Haha, unique. I never thought of :05...who came up with it? You Kit-Kat? ;) - Jake

I groan agitated.

5:21pm
'Ugh, it doesn't matter!! Just help me okay!!' -me