Chapter Fifthteen

Chapter 15

~

October 15th, Thursday

~

"Soooo do you want to go to movies? I hear there's a good movie out I think we should see..." I stared at myself in the mirror.

"Okay, no no. That's not gonna work," I said to myself. I tapped my chin thinking harder.

"Have you seen that new movie out? I heard it's reeeaally good...." I nodded with wide eyes. I stared at myself.

"Okay, no. Not gonna work either.... Come on Dawn, think of something," I begged myself.

It's the next day and I was getting ready for school. I decided to wear some black tights, with my tan ankle boots with maybe a thick two inch heel, and I paired it with a gray oversize sweater and a burgundy infinity scarf. For once I decided to wear my only high dollar purse I got for my birthday last year, and bring just my binder to school....

I felt I didn't need my satchel.

"Ugh! I can't believe I AGREED to this challenge," I thought of Jake. "Like....I never asked a guy out on a date! How am I suppose to do it now??" I stared at myself for a second and groan and I decided to head out.

"Maybe Lotte can help." I grabbed my stuff and headed out the door, grabbing my black jacket and Mother stopped me.

"How was studying with Jake yesterday?" She gave me a side smile. I sighed turning around smiling.

"It was fine mom. We're just "friends"," I used my quotation marks.

"Well "okay"," she did it back just the same. I rolled my eyes smiling.

"Goodbye, Mooom."

"Have a nice day Dawn." I was about to walk out the door, but then I remembered,

"Oh, I'm at the mall if you need me after school. I'm going to go shopping for some new clothes."

"For the fall time?" She asked. I nodded looking to the side and back at her.

"Humph," I said through my lips. "I won't buy a lot."

"Oh alright. Have fun then."

"Thanks Mom. Bye," I waved.

"Bye," she sweetly chuckled. I closed the door and locked it and like right on cue, Jake was heading out on his phone in one hand and Bubble Gum and Cigarettes  in the other.

"Aww Kit-Kat," he greeted coming over me, cutting through our neighbors yard. I sighed rolling my eyes into a smile. Some things don't change. "How is your morning?"

"Good....until you showed up," I shrugged simply. He laughed.

"Aw come on? Where's the politeness?"

"I ate it with my breakfast," I nodded at him sarcastically opening my car door. He chuckled holding it for me.

"Haha, sure. So, you looking forward to asking Asher today?" I groan up at the sky slamming my door.

"No! Jake, I'm a nervous wreck. I'm not even on school GROUNDS yet and I'm already panicking asking Asher. Rather that, SEEING him!"

"Aw what!? Kit-Kat? The noble Kit-Kat!? Scared to ask her full time crush on a simple date?" He asked sarcastically as if he really were surprised.

"It's not a date. We're just going to see a movie," I corrected him with crossed arms.

"Ah, so you admit you are going to do something?" He pointed at me with a crooked smile. I face palmed myself and shook my head.