Chapter Thirty One

Chapter 31

~

I thought that after kissing Jake it would let be awkward to keep things normal again, but him and I both did a good job of playing it off, and although we just spill our most deep secrets with each other through yells and shouts, that's what the secret hideout was about...

"Last tip to being a better kisser," Jake was standing up as I was sitting crisscross looking up at him. I laughed as so far his tips were crazy.

"Hahaha! What is that Jake?" I asked him. He smiled, tapping the giant stick in his hands like a teacher would a yard stick.

"Don't have chapped lips." I gasped touching my lips as he laughed at me.

"I do not have chapped lips!" I yelled at him. He keeps laughing and eventually he shrugs.

"I dunno Kit-Kat," he's messing with me. "I'm just stating facts." I huff my breath as he keeps laughing and I can't help but chuckle too. "Okay, so those are the all the tips I have for you. Repeat them," he points the stick at me. I moved my crossed legs closer to my body and I take a breath saying,

"Okay, um, don't lock up," I counted on my fingers looking up at the sky thoughtfully, the fall breeze making it a bit chilly on my bare legs. "Don't add too much tongue. Keep your eyes closed and never have chapped lips." Jake nods in approval and he smiles, reaching his hand down to take mine.

"Well done Kit-Kat," he helped me up. "You knowing these simple Do's and Dont's to kissing might have just made you a better kisser without even actually kissing again." I roll my eyes as we're walking down the dock, to go back to our houses.

"Just because you kissed me doesn't mean it has to count as my first kiss," I tell him like a child would. He laughs pathetically.

"What??"

"Yup. I refuse to accept the matter that you in fact are my first kiss," I tell him proudly as I sit on my butt at the edge of the dock, stepping on the rock that we use to use to climb up here as a child. "That was simply practice and just to get my feet in the water," I explained with crossed arms. Jake shakes his head sitting down to jump off the dock without the help of the rock and he stands besides me. "Asher will be and forever my first kiss. Even if it hasn't happened yet, but it will."

Jake is laughing as we're using our strength to walk our way up the hill and he states, "I love your determination Kit-Kat, but sometimes I feel your head is too high in the clouds for this guy."

"I heard you the first time you indecisive jerk," I was teasing him about Celeste, "but, like our old goofy selves use to say," I said as we finally made it back by the backyards standing before the hill we just climbed.

"And that is?" Jake asked me with a grin of his face, looking down at me. I crossed my arms and pointed at his chest.

"What happens at the secret hideout..." I hid my lips in my mouth, waiting for him to remember, waiting for him to finish and thankfully he says through a scoff,

"Stays at the secret hideout."

~