Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter 22

October 16th, Friday

~

I'm eating lunch outside with Charlotte and we both were sharing a Caesar salad with grilled chicken and pink lemonade. We sat under a tree to block us from the sun even though it was kind of chilly out, but not too much for us to not eat outside.

As we watched some of the boys play football again in the courtyard, some nerds studying on the school benches, and Celeste and her crew leaving campus, Lotte and I couldn't help but to judge.

That is what best friends do best.

"People like her truly disgust me," she commented first.

"I know right," I already knew who she was talking about without her even saying it.

"Like...why would Jake, honestly, as good looking as he is, date someone as ugly as her?" Charlotte really wanted to know. "I'm talking about her personality." I shrugged picking up my clear plastic cup of the lemonade.

"Well, my mom once told me when I was young, that it's hard getting rid of cockroaches once you get them," I sipped my drink with chilled eyes. Lotte busted out laughing.

"Omg, Dawn! I never heard you talked like that, that's so funny!" She exclaimed.

"It's funny 'cause it's true," I looked at her with uneven eyebrows. "I don't care for Celeste but lately she's been all in me and my life, but she can get all in me if she wants to. If she wants to play the game, I'll play back. She can start it, but Imma finish it," I told Charlotte eating the salad. "And I honestly, still don't understand why don't you just go ahead and nominate yourself for homecoming princess," I told her. "Don't be afraid of her."

"I'm not afraid of her, I'm afraid of loosing. Against anybody!" Lotte protested.

"The Montgomery Family is better than that and you know it," I told her. She sighed rolling her blue eyes, smiling. "Charlotte, if your Dad knew you were backing out of a contest like this and you're sure to win? He'd be disappointed," I pointed out. Lotte looked at me still smiling.

"Now that's where you're wrong babe. I never joined the contest, which means I'm not backing out. So he can't be mad at me even if you told him." I rolled my eyes smiling as she knew I wouldn't. "Besides, I know what I'm saving myself from."

"Which is nothing, but whatever. I still think you should do it," I mentioned to her watching Celeste leave off campus alone. Weird.

"Well I'm not. Maybe next year I'll go for queen."

"That's what we all saaay," I told her. "And we never do it." She laughed.

"Wellll."

I looked back up to see Jake playing football with that boy Andrew, but from a distance it looked like he said something to Jake and Jake nodded and turned to the other guys and kept playing, but he walked off secretly to the parking lot and got in his corvette and drove away...

The same route Celeste took.

'Omg...Celeste might be meeting up with Andrew somewhere and Jake doesn't even know! I have tell him that Celeste is cheating on him before homecoming for sure! Jake can't write a song like that for a girl like Celeste! She can't just use him for looks and he defiantly can't waste his time!'

"Girl, did you hear me?" Lotte got my attention back. I turned back to her shaking out of it.

"Wait huh?" She chuckled.

"I said guess what Kevin texted me last night," she repeated. I smiled.

"What happened?" I asked. She slid her phone to me.