Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter 29

**Jakes Point of View**

October 18th, Sunday

~

I made sure to set my alarm to go meet Dawn outside her house like she wanted me to.

I actually arrived right at 8:55am and like she was waiting by the door, she opened it only to see me standing there as I was about to knock.

"Hello Kitty," I greeted her with my hands in front of my basketball shorts.

"Ugh, you're actually on time," she groaned. "I really wanted to gripe at you." I shrugged looking down at her amused.

"Too bad so sad Kit-Kat," I tell her. She does that cute disgusted face at me, when she wrinkles up her nose and squints her left eye a little with it and I chuckle. When she closes her door to her house, she pushes me with her right hand, and I back off the step almost falling backwards, and she has no apology.

"Shut up and lets go," she tells me. She's eye level to me now on the step and I recover looking at her up and down as she looked as if she was staying home all day.

"Just roll out of bed?" I ask her sarcastically. She huffs her breath and I can't help but chuckle, but it was true.

She was wearing white and baby blue sleeping shorts, the front laces tied in an uneven bow. She also had on a long sleeved white v-neck that showed off a black bra thingy, I think I heard Celeste call a bralette once and the front of the shirt was tucked in, but the back was just loose and she probably knew it was like that but didn't care as she said. She also had on high white socks with some black converse, and her ombré hair was pulled up in a giant messy bun on the very top of her head, some loose pieces falling on the side of her face, but she was honestly....cute.

She jumps off the baby step and starts walking toward her neighbor's house to her left. When I realize I was suppose to be following, I catch up and she's looking down.

"This isn't a date and you're last name isn't Payne," she informs me as if I didn't know. We're walking toward the woods but I don't think about it as I'm walking right on her heels. "I just don't have on make-up," she continues. "I know I'm ugly, but I really don't care what you think Jake Lander." I look at the back of her head surprised she said such and I shake my head with a smile.

"You're not ugly Kit-Kat, and I wasn't even talking about your face," I said looking at her back of her legs. I always felt cheer girls always had nice bodies, but Dawn rarely showed off her legs or anything, so today, she looked even more attractive than she already was and I sadly have to admit that.

Dawn was very cute....she's beautiful and it hurt me to think she thought she was ugly without make-up. Of course most guys like me like a girl with no make-up even if she needed a little to cover some things nobody wants, but Dawn Noel was actually pretty. Her little imperfections on her face somehow tied everything together about her, and by how she looked last night? Of course I would want to kiss her either way. Make-up or not.

She ignores my comment as we were walking deeper in the woods now and it was quiet. After a little while she starts chuckling as we were going down a giant slope, the trees in our path.

"What's so funny?" I ask her. She keeps chuckling looking back at me and back down at the ground in front of her, because if she didn't she would probably slip.