Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter 24

**Charlotte's POV**

~

I'm in Dawn's room looking in her closet for something to wear to the game and honestly I was in her room more often than not, and we both always wondered why I didn't just have a spare bed for myself in her room like she had a sister to share her room with.

After all, at my house, she has a queen size bed reflecting mine in one of the guest rooms on the third floor.

"Omg, I'm still stoked Asher is actually going to the game tonight," Dawn said touching up her makeup at her vanity.

"I know right, and for you! If he goes to the game for you, he'd definitely go to the homecoming dance with you for sure," I mentioned to her looking through the racks.

"Ohmygosh I know, but I don't want to get my hopes up," Dawn said popping some highlight on her face. I taught her well. "We have to keep in mind Asher is a senior and an athlete star. Why would he go for a girl like me?" I quickly gave her an, 'are you serious face?' with small eyes.

"Ummm, cause you're Dawn Noel. The cutest varsity cheerleader on the team whose also co-captain," I told her. She rolled her eyes pretending to ignore me and as her best friend, I had to let the truth be told. "Honestly, who wouldn't like you?" She shrugged.

"I'm co captain, not full title," she reminded me. I had to let out a pathetic breath. "And hey, Jake doesn't like me," she added as well still highlighting her face. I looked at her.

"Ugh, why do you always bring him up?" I asked her throwing a possible shirt on her bed. She laughed thinking about it by how she didn't say anything. "Besides, Jake dates Celeste. A bitch, so he obviously likes bitches and trust me Dawn, if you were a bitch I'd tell you straight up," I told her disgustedly. She just started laughing at my joke cause she knew it was true. "And plus, I wouldn't say that totally," I told the truth trying on a long sleeved shirt with Cumberland High across the chest.

"What do you mean?" She asked looking at me through her vanity.

"Jakes kinda has been around you a lot lately," I told her not thinking about it much. She kind of paused, but continued to apply a little blush on her face.

"You think so?" I nodded.

"Yeah. He's even been beating me to my own classes too," I told her. "I saw him today and I was like, 'Is that Jake Lander actually going to class on time!' with a fake gasp and he just laughed shaking his head, and I added, 'Is he sick??' But it's what he said after that, that confused me."

"What he say?" Dawn really wanted to know. I turned to her after I figured out I was going to keep wearing her long sleeved shirt.

"Ask Dawn." She looked at me quickly and I held my gaze. "You know what he's talking about girl?" I wanted to know, but I didn't totally care. Dawn never kept secrets from me and I'd know if she did have a thing for Jake because I'd already be able to tell which I haven't noticed which means she doesn't and just for confirmation she'd tell me. Dawn was my best friend and we tell each other everything.

"Hahaha no," she finally laughed it off fixing her mascara. I smiled as I knew nothing was up, and since Dawn's shirt was a size too small from last year, I took the corner of the shirt and tied it on the side, showing my off belly button that was surprisingly in shape. "But, I did get him reading a book." I widen my eyes as I walked closer to Dawn's mirror, fixing little things on me.

"Whoa. You got Jake reading a book? He must be sick somewhere," I commented with an icky face. Dawn laughed for real, reapplying some powder.

"Yeah, sick in the brains," she replied with a smirk. "But it's cool. I'm glad he actually did it, but I can't help but admit something else." I looked at her.