Chapter Thirty Three

Chapter 33

"What the hell..." Lotte whispered as she kept scrolling to see more pictures of Jake and Andrew together.

"I am so...angry," I had to say looking at the post she was clicking.

"Girl, what even is this??" Lotte clicked on one post of Jake and Andrew one arm hugging like any pair of best friends would do. They were holding the football trophy they won from last year at playoffs. "I'm officially dead."

"Like, WHO cheats on their boyfriend or GIRLFRIEND with that person's BEST FRIEND!?" I yelled. "Like how INHUMAN and DUMB can you be??" I walked around Charlotte's room wanting to pull my hair out.

"Girl I'm just as speechless as you. Like...that's like me cheating on Kevin with Asher... Why would someone do that?" Lotte had to say.

"I don't even know, but I really don't have the guts to tell Jake now," I sat on the floor crisscrossed, burying my head in my hands. "I can't do it."

"Dawn, no," Lotte turned to me quickly in her chair. I sighed as I dropped down to her floor, shaking my head. Lotte sighed as well, going over to her printer getting the pictures I had printed out. She came back over and sat on the floor beside me, laying out all the pictures. I examine the photos as Lotte placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Listen to me... Although Jake isn't my favorite person in the world and more than half the time I just bunch him in his face because he's so stupid, he doesn't deserve a girl like this," she admitted. "Jake is a good boyfriend and for Celeste to be cheating on him with HIS BEST FRIEND is just horrible. He has a right to know!" She told me seriously. "Like those are supposedly his two BEST FRIENDS! He deserves better!"

"I know he deserves better!" I looked at Lotte. "After all the things he's told me about what he did for her and what they been through since sophomore year-" I had to add quickly before I admitted our talk at the secret hideout earlier, "Jake deserves more!" I sighed again picking up one of the pictures thinking about everything. I was kind of surprised I was more upset than I should be, but I just shrugged.

"It just sucks....I mean...I don't know how to tell him," I looked at Lotte. "That what? 'Oh hey Jake, I just wanted to inform you that "your suppose to be girlfriend" and one of your best guy friends are totally like together in secret and are lying to your face and they are also a thing, but it's okay. Celeste is a bitch anyway and Andrew really isn't your best friend after he pulled a stunt like that, and although I don't like you, I'm here for you and I'm sorry! I just thought you should know!'" I said really fast with a fake smile on my face. Lotte just looked sincere and depressed at me. I then just slummed down and buried my face in my hands again.

"I can't do it, Lotte," I tell her. "I don't want Jake mad at me."

"Listen to me girlfriend," Lotte got closer speaking queitly as if someone would hear us. "You have all the evidence you need. You have to do this and think about it, he can't be mad at you. The only person he has to be mad at is himself for not noticing all this before and of course Celeste. His only option is to break up with her BEFORE homecoming and think about this Dawn," Lotte wanted my full attention.

I looked at her hiding my lips in my mouth.

"Imagine Celeste Hollister....breaking up with Jake Lander....and he didn't even do anything...AND HIM getting the short end of the stick and then her going out with his best friend? We can't let Celeste have her way like she has been for the past THREE years. We can get her back in secret...." Lotte whispers to me. "Besides... it's her own word against hers...." Lotte then goes on my phone and plays the voice memo and like right on cue we hear Celeste's evil voice and she says,