Chapter Nineteen

Chapter 19

**Jakes Point of view**

~

I pulled up to the mall, honesty speeding to beat Dawn there just to say I did and to make sure Celeste was still clueless of what I was doing, I texted her as I was walking up to the mall entrance.

4:18pm
'Hey Babe. How long are going to be for your dads business opening?' -me

It took her a bit to reply, but I felt most girls did...excluding Dee....she was kind of fast.

But I kind of liked it.

4:23pm
'The rest of the day Hun. I should be out by like 10:30pm. I'll let you know, K?' -Celeste

I don't recall opening a business taking that long, but she still had to drive an hour and half out and back, but knowing Celeste and how dramatic she is, it seemed legit...

4:24pm
'Okay. I love you;)' -me

Saying I love you to Celeste honestly lost its meaning over the last few months, but it just felt like the natural thing to do and even for her.

4:26pm
'I love you too BB:* Kisses.' -Celeste

I nodded as I made it into the mall, secure that Celeste didn't know I was waiting for a different girl, and I decided to wait in the lounge for her, Dawn, and I didn't text her in case she was driving. I didn't like the girl, but I don't want her dead. As I sat there and waited, I thought about her and her chances with Asher.

'Dawn really seems to be into Asher.... It's cute how quiet girls go for popular guys... considering he's a senior. But I can't help but think Asher has something hidden up his sleeve, but so far, there are no gimmicks.... I may not like Dawn, but she's still my friend. I want what's best for her. Also considering the other fact she is helping me past this dumb test two days before Halloween."

After a few minutes of me humming the song I was writing for Celeste, beating my finger on the table for a steady beat, I saw this person coming my way and I brighten to see it was Dee, who looked kind of shocked to see, and not because I beat her here but maybe because of something else....but I stood up ignoring her look.

"Aw Kit-Kat," I put a grin on my face that most girls at school would go crazy for. Dee just changed her looked at me to narrow ignorant eyes...

I liked it.

"If I can recall back to English class approximately two hours ago-" I looked at my watch and back at her, "-what did you want me to do regarding the mall?? Something involving time?" She rolled her eyes crossing her arms, but I couldn't help but mess with her, licking my lips.

"Shut up Jake," she scold playfully, yet being serious. "I had things to do and other places to be and besides, I wouldn't be talking if I was you," she told me all preppy-like, like she knew something I didn't. I chuckled.

"And why's that Kit-Kat?" I asked with a raised eyebrow really not knowing.

"Because I-" but she quickly shut her mouth and widen her eyes as if she almost blurted out something she didn't want me to know and I took a step closer to her suspenseful.

"What is it?" I asked her seriously, but my grin made it seem as if I didn't care, which was part of the way true since girls overreact to everything. She quickly shrugged her right shoulder and looked up at me. I was always approximately taller than her by three inches. When discovered that freshmen year.