chapter 18

*Creighton's pov*

I was ready and staring at my phone. I had tried calling Jessamine and texting her but nothing was working. She wasn't answering me.

I paced back and forth in the gym. I soon had to put my phone away. If she didn't come I would be devasted.

I checked my phone again and still nothing. My heart broke and I put my phone away and turned it off. Maybe she was out there already. Yeah that's it her phone died but she's here.

She wouldn't hurt me and miss my graduation. Jessamine was not the girl who would do something like that.

"Alright everyone line up!" The vice principal said and she smiled at us.

The lines were pretty long there was 343 of us graduating. It was going to be a long process and I was towards the end.

"Okay guys you need to be quiet when we walk out." The vice principal told us and then started walking.

We followed and my heart started beating faster. It was finally the moment that I was graduating. I would be out of this hell hole that is my school. The school that allowed Joey to torment me.

I shook those thoughts out of my head. Today was a good day and nothing was going to ruin it.

We finally got to our seats and waited for our class president to tell us to take our seats. Ryan looked at us and nodded his head and began to speak and we sat down.

As he spoke my mind wandered. Where is Jessamine? I looked in the stands hoping and praying that I'd see her. I scanned the entire stand. She wasn't there. My heart broke. She wasn't here. She didn't come to my graduation.

I couldn't breathe. The person I wanted, no needed, at this graduation the most wasn't here.

It hurt. My chest started to tighten. I could feel my eyes burning. I shook my head shaking the thought of letting the tears fall.

I took a breath and started to relax. This was my graduation. I am not going to be brought down. This year has been hell but I made it. I'm graduating with the rest of my class even though I had time taken off because of my injuries.

The valedictorian of our class came up then and began his speech. I didn't listen. These speeches were boring, or at least to me they were. I'm sure he worked hard on it but I couldn't make myself listen to it.

A few minutes went by and I finally started listening and it was the very end of the speech.

"Wherever we go from here, I know we will succeed. All of us overcame the challenges that we faced. We can use our strengths to help us get through life. We can do whatever we set our hearts and minds to. Congratulations class of 2015 and I hope we all achieve our deepest goals!"

The words sunk in and we all began to clap. The speech must have been amazing and for what I actually heard it was good.

The superintendent came up to the podium and began to talk.

I saw my mom in the stands and she smiled at me. I smiled back at her and I knew I had someone who would always be here for me.

I wasn't counting Jessamine out. I know she cares but at the moment I was hurt and angry.

The superintendent kept talking and the people around me began to groan in annoyance. There was a certain amount that a person should be allowed to talk before going overboard and she was going overboard.

At this rate graduation was never going to end.

We sighed and waited for this hell to be over.

*******

*Jessamine's pov*

I slowly started regaining consciousness. I could hear Creighton's dad mumbling and I kept my eyes shut.

"Why does he have to love her?" He grumbled and a part of me wanted to hear the living shit out of him for saying that.

My fingers clenched and I could feel the ropes constraining my wrists.

I opened my eyes and seen his dad pacing around with a bottle of vodka in his hand.

"Let me go. Graduation is soon over," I pleaded with him.

He turned to look at me and I seen the hatred in his drunken eyes.

"I don't think so. I have a new plan," he said with an evil smirk.

I flinched at his look.

"You see I'd let you go and you'd go tell Creighton what happened so I have a better idea. I need him to be miserable."

"You sick, twisted son of a bitch leave your son alone!" I yelled at him.

"Oh no honey I don't think that's what's going to happen."

He came over to me and I sunk in my chair. What was I going to do? I had nowhere to go.

"It'll be over eventually. I'm not gonna make this easy for you," he told me and put his hands around my neck.

He tightened his hands and I cried out but it came out as a gurgle. His hands constricted around my neck and I gasped for air.

Splotches of light started to appear before my eyes and I closed them.

Just as I was about to give up, he let go.

I gasped for air and started coughing. It burned my throat and hurt but I was finally getting air.

"Oh don't worry princess. You will die. I just don't want to make it easy for you," he smirked and he wrapped his hands around my neck again.

I screamed but it did no good.

Creighton I love you.