chapter 12

*Jessamine's pov*

My mom tore me away from the one guy who was going to stick by me. Tears streamed down my face and I didn't even care. I started to tremble in my mother's harsh grasp. I knew what would happen when I would get home and that was the most frightful thing to think of.

"Mom!" I cried as her nails dug into my arm. Sobs pulled themselves from my body and it became harder to breathe.

"Do not speak! Not only did you run away, but you love a disgrace?" She yelled at me. We got to her car and she threw me in like a doll. She shut the door and I didn't even try to run off. It was pointless. I'd never get far.

She got in the car and started it. She looked back at me and I could feel her wishing I was dead.

"When we get back, I want you to say that you left because Creighton made you. He made you think that you were useless."

My eyes widened.

"No! You know why I left. Why don't you change how you act and I wouldn't have left," I yelled at her. I covered my mouth at once. Shit I am so going to get it for that.

She reached back and smacked me across the face as hard as she could. Once she pulled away I stared at her in shock.

"I could have gone to the police and turned you in. I know I'm going to have a hand print on my face because of that." I looked at her calmly. As that sunk in her eyes widened in terror.

"Don't do that." She demanded and I looked at her.

"Why not? Afraid that my dad will find out that you have been abusing me? What would he say to the fact that his 'loving' wife is abusing his only child? Or would he be more interested in the fact that you sleep around with every guy within a mile radius?" I fired at her.

"He would never believe you," she sneered at me.

"Tell that to the hand print on my face."

"Shut the hell up. You ruined my life! I never wanted kids and if I did I wanted them to be boys. Boys are so much easier!"

"How did I ruin your life? Did I ruin your 'perfect' figure because if you think that you had a perfect figure then you better start going through those pictures again. You weren't no prize winner yourself. The only reason why you look good now is because of the fact that you wear makeup on your face to hide who you really are." I didn't care that I was being rude. This woman had ruined my entire outlook on life and I would be damned if this was going to continue. I needed to make some changes and this was the one that definitely needed to be fixed now.

"And you think you're beautiful? I had to pay Joey to talk to you! Do you know how much I had to pay him?" She yelled at me. Okay that hurt.

"I never said I was beautiful. Hell I don't even care. Creighton is the only guy I want and he thinks I am beautiful. And it doesn't matter what you say. You can't make me see worse of myself than I already do now."

"You little bitch. I raised you and this is how you talk to me," she said with fire in her eyes.

"You may have raised me, but you didn't give me the most important thing. You never loved me. You saw me as the thing that ruined your life."

I made a decision right there. As soon as she started the car I was taking a picture of my face and sending it to my father. He needed to know what was going on right now. I should have told him a long time ago.

My mother stared at me for a long minute. I waited to see what she was going to do. My body instantly tensed in fear. I didn't want her to slap me again.

Instead of slapping me she started to drive the car.

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket. Thank god it wasn't with the rest of my stuff in the hotel. I really hope that one of them gets my stuff.

I discreetly took a picture of my face. Sure enough there was a hand print on my face.

I went into my contacts and sent it to my father. I then texted him a normal message.

This is what your wife did to me today. This is what she has been doing to me whenever you aren't home.

I stopped crying and wiped at my eyes. I became anxious as I awaited his reply. He was probably at work and my chest tightened. What if he didn't believe me?

My phone lit up and I looked down quickly. It wasn't my dad but it was from someone I definitely needed to hear from.

I am so sorry for what happened. I love you and I really hope you are okay. I just want you to be safe, so in order for that to happen, I guess I have to leave you alone. It is the last thing I want to do. I just want you in my life but I also just need you to be safe. I would rather you be safe instead of me being happy. I love you Jessamine. I really hope everything works out.

Tears ran down my face as I read the text. I needed Creighton. I understand why he is doing this and it makes me love him more. And that's exactly why him leaving me hurts so much.

I couldn't respond at the moment. I started shaking again. I tried to calm myself, not wanting to have an anxiety attack in the back of the car with my mother. My phone lit up again and it was from my dad.

Oh no. I was afraid to open up the message. After a minute I finally got enough courage to open it up.

WHAT THE HELL? Jessamine are you okay? Why didn't you tell me? I am coming home as soon as possible. This is all going to get better okay? Don't tell your mother that I am coming home. What else has she been doing behind my back?

Dad I'm scared. I don't know what she's going to do when we get home. I ran off because she made me pretend to be someone I am not at school, and everyone at school found out I was a fake and made me want to die. Then she has constantly abused me so I ran away. I didn't want her to be around me anymore, and the guy that I love is someone she hates. She forbids him to see me and threatened him. Please come home soon, I need you here. Oh and I really don't want to tell you this but she has been cheating on you with practically every guy.

I let out a breath. Everything I had been hiding from him was now in the open. Man did that feel good to get off of my chest.