nine

"I like it when you wear your hair like that."

Aurelia blushes, "It's nothing special, just a ponytail that probably looks awful because I'm blind."

Harry gives her hand a gentle squeeze because he doesn't like it when she puts herself down and he wants her to know that he means what he says. "It looks very nice, Aurelia. It accents your face really well. Well, all of your hairstyles do, really. You're just a stunningly beautiful woman."

Aurelia takes her bottom lip between her teeth and nudges him with her shoulder because he's sending the butterflies in her stomach into a frenzy, "Stop it!"

Harry only laughs, "Stop what? Complimenting you or telling you what I think?"

"No, stop being cute. It makes me want to kiss you just that much more."

Harry grins as they walk past the familiar shops he'd left behind a little over a month ago. It's always nice to be home, but it's even better with Aurelia by his side. "Is that a bad thing?" He certainly doesn't think that it is.

To Aurelia, it is a bad thing because it means that she has an ever present urge to kiss him about ninety percent of the time. "Yes! Yes, it's a very bad thing! I can't kiss you yet! I won't kiss you yet!"

He laughs lightly and continues playfully flirting with her, "Okay, so, you won't kiss me but you really want to and you'll give in enough to quarter kiss me."

Aurelia nods confidently and leans into him as they walk because she's a bit cold, "Yes, exactly."

"And you won't kiss me because of your bucket list?"

Her vibrant and confident smile has become a very shy one, because there's something that she hasn't really told him yet, "No, not exactly."

Harry looks at her curiously, a small smile of his own playing at his lips, "Oh? Can I know the real reason why?"

Aurelia shakes her head, her blind gaze dropping to the pavement that she can't see. She's embarrassed just thinking about it. "It's silly, really."

Harry's voice grows warmer in tone and his proximity increases, "I'm sure it's not. But if you don't want to tell me, it's okay."

Aurelia's blushing like crazy and she wishes that it's dark outside, but the feeling of the faint sun rays on her skin tell her otherwise. "I haven't been kissed before, so it would make you my very first kiss."

Harry's features are awash with joy and admiration as he asks softly, "Really?"

He's been someone's first everything, but it never felt as special as it does with Aurelia. He's never wanted to be anyone else's last like he wants to be Aurelia's last everything. It's a strange feeling, but it's a good type of strange and he never wants it to go away.

Aurelia nods and the tint in her cheeks grows a shade darker, "Yes, really. Do you still want to kiss me?"

For some reason she thought that, if he knew that he was going to be her first kiss, he wouldn't want to kiss her anymore. She doesn't know why she was so worried about that because, in all honesty, he's probably jumping for joy at being her first kiss. But there's always this tiny part of her that doubts something that she knows is true.

Harry smiles brightly and gives her hand another squeeze, "Of course I do! Honestly, I don't think there's ever going to be a time where I don't want to kiss you."

Aurelia offers him a soft smile, "But I'm bad for your health, surely you must know that."

Harry shrugs. He's well aware of the implication of falling in love with her and he simply doesn't care.