twenty-eight

"Busy day today, yeah?"

Aurelia laughs and walks closer to Harry. She feels like there's too much space between them if their shoulders aren't touching in some way and it always makes her feel like there's something wrong even though she knows that there isn't.

Harry things that this little quirk of hers is rather adorable, even though he has no idea why she does it.

"I wouldn't know, you asked for my list and then you didn't give it back or tell me what we're doing from it."

Harry laughs with her now, his smile bright and full of love. He hasn't told her what they're doing yet because it's her birthday and he's going to try to make it as special and as surprising as he can. "Exactly. But we will be busy, so I hope that you don't get too tired or bored. Let me know if you don't feel okay, yeah?"

Aurelia nods and desperately hopes that she won't have a repeat of three days ago. The sun is out and it's so nice outside and it's her birthday, so she's looking to have a good time.

"Will you at least give me a hint?"

She's hoping that he'll tell her something useful because she's excited, but it's a little difficult for her to be incredibly excited if she doesn't know what's going on.

Harry's smile tilts to the left as he chews on his minty gum, "Alright, we're going to do three things on your list today."

Aurelia rolls her eyes because it's so like him to give her a hint that's not really useful or a big hint at all. "Very informative. Thank you, Harold."

"Heeeeyyy! I am very informative! You didn't know that we were doing three things. Could have been doing four as far as you knew. And my name isn't Harold. It's Harry."

Aurelia's smile is soft and very warm as she leans into him a little more, enjoying his proximity. "You're adorable, I hope that you know that."

Harry doesn't even care that she called him Harold anymore because she's so happy and she's so beautiful. He bumps her shoulder and grins, "Not as adorable as you, my love."

Aurelia smiles to herself in return, she loves his compliments, they always bring her the utmost joy and leave her feeling treasured. Their walk is rather long and she can hear more people milling around with each second that passes.

"Okay, so hint number one is a crowd, how thoughtful of you."

Harry laughs at her lack of enthusiasm. She's clearly irritated with the fact that he won't tell her what's going on, but she's not irritated enough to be legitimately mad at him. Actually, she's never been honestly mad at him for anything and he wonders if she ever will be. He's curious to see the side of her that she hasn't quite revealed yet, but he's also a little frightened because he's not entirely sure what she's capable of.

"You actually don't know where we are because of that? I really thought that the crowd would give it away. Can you hear anything else with your heightened sense?"

Aurelia laughs because he's making it sound like she knows everything, like she's some sort of psychic or something. Crowds can mean a lot of things, so she doesn't want to label it just yet. "You say that like I know everything and like I have some sort of superpower. I can tell you now that neither one of those is correct. But, in answer to your question, no. All I hear are the people and the cars. Typical things, really."

Harry smiles because he knows that she'll figure it out in another minute or so. "Give it a minute or two."

She does as he asked and thinks of a familiar song in her mind as they walk. It's particularly hot out wherever they are and she thinks that maybe they're in Florida (Harry has also refused to tell her where they were going and he made loud noises in her ear or held them at the airport so that she wouldn't know).