seventeen

"Sweetheart, what's wrong? Compared to how you've been for this entire trip, you've looked a little...bored for the last three days."

Aurelia shrugs her shoulders; he isn't exactly wrong. "That's because I am. I sort of only wanted to be here for New Years, but you know how things get around this time, so we had to be here a few days earlier."

Harry gives her hand a light squeeze. There has to be something that he can do to cheer her up.

"Well, is there anything else that we can check off from your bucket list while we're here?"

Aurelia mulls over the list in her mind, "Actually, yes. A few extra little things that I almost forgot about."

Harry grins because this is his chance to cheer her up even if it takes all of his energy. "Can I know said things, so I can help? Or is this another one of those guessing games?"

He lifts their hands and kisses the top of hers. Aurelia laughs because it's another one of those things that he does without warning. She can feel his love radiating through his fingertips as he holds her hand and the heat of his body is so prominent that she hardly ever notices the cold when she's with him.

"Well, we have to go shopping to start. Then I will let you know what they are."

"Shopping for what? This way I can lead you to whatever store fits best for our little adventure."

Aurelia beams in return, "Well, it has to be a nice place because you need a sit and I need a dress. If you can find a place that rents them, that's okay too."

Harry's intrigued by the fancy clothing and raises an eyebrow out of curiosity, "Oh?"

Aurelia cuddles a little closer to him, "I'd like to go out for a nice dinner, just once before I die. Oh, and we need to go find some place that sells those little cement heart things that you make yourself!"

He hasn't seen those since he was a little kid and the idea sounds wonderful. Not only will it give him another reminder of just how important that she was in his life, it will also give them some more bonding time and bring them closer together.

Harry kisses her cheek, "Sounds perfect. Do you want me to find a nice place and call for a reservation?"

Aurelia smiles and rubs her cold nose into his neck, "Yes, please."

They stay in bed for a little while longer while Harry calls around town to find a nice place that has open reservations. It's a little difficult considering that it's New Year's Eve, but he manages to find one after about an hour and it happens to be among the nicest restaurants in the city.

Before they head out into the city to go shopping, Harry takes it upon himself to make grilled cheese for lunch. He ends up burning it, but that's okay because Aurelia likes it better that way because she's not a big fan of cheese.

He almost convinces her to stay and bed and kiss him for a while, but her mind is set on going out and getting the perfect attire for their evening. The longer that they wait, the harder it's going to be to get around anywhere in the city.

Harry is actually really picky about which store they should go to and they end up in some giant store that Aurelia's never even heard of because Harry thinks that it's the best thing ever.

Apparently, he's some sort of fashion guru in his head. Aurelia thinks that it's cute and lets him tote her around the store as he talks excitedly about different types of patterns and fabrics that he loves and thinks will look fantastic on her.

"What do you think?"

Aurelia tries her best not to laugh, "I think that I may have a flawed taste in men."