fourteen

"Aurelia, can I borrow one of your hair ties again?"

Aurelia laughs because Harry asks her for her hair ties more often than she uses them herself. "I suppose so, do you think that maybe you might solve your problem by just, I don't know, cutting your hair?"

Harry gasps loudly and jumps on the bed beside her, his lanky frame quickly moving so that he's hovering over her. "Never! My hair is beautiful! I don't hear you complaining when you run your fingers through it or when your hands tangle in it when we kiss a certain way."

Aurelia giggles at his dramatic response. He's so cute. "I was joking! I do really like your hair. What color is it?"

Harry leans down a bit further and kisses her deeply, "Good. And it's like yours, only a little bit lighter."

Aurelia hums, she really likes it when he kisses her like that because he feels like it. "I bet it looks nice on you."

Harry kisses her again because her lips are addictive, "Yes, I would agree. Are you ready to get up yet, Miss Lazy?"

Aurelia smiles and runs her hands up and down his arms, "No, I'd like to stay here and kiss you for a while longer. Your lips are very inviting."

He's certainly not opposed to that, "Oh? Is Miss Aurelia asking me to 'sleep in' for another day?"

Aurelia laughs and nods even though, technically, she's asking him to stay in bed and make out with her. But she's positive that he gets the hint, "Yes, she is."

His soft lips meet hers once more, "I will happily accept that offer."

They stay in bed and kiss for longer than Aurelia planned on, but that's okay because the sun is still out and they still have time to do everything that she's planned for the day. Harry gets everything they need packed into the rental car and they're on the road in no time.

As they drive down unfamiliar roads to reach their destination Harry finds himself asking, "So, why the Redwoods? What called you to them?"

Aurelia stops humming along with the radio. She hasn't thought about that much herself. "I don't know, really. I think it's because of their natural strength and just how long they've sunk their roots into the soft dirt of the Earth to maintain their permanent place among all that continue the fight of survival."

Harry smiles and takes his eyes off the road briefly to look at her. The wind is sending her hair in every direction and her features are alight with joy as they near their destination. She's absolutely breathtaking.

"That makes perfect sense! Please tell me that our next destination doesn't involve camping, this tent business is quite taxing you know." He's hoping that maybe he can just convince her to sleep under the stars this time.

Camping has quickly become one of his least favorite things. Not because he doesn't like camping, but because he doesn't like setting up a tent to camp. It's ridiculously difficult and it always takes him forever.

Aurelia laughs loudly because his refusal to use instructions to set up a tent is hilarious. "It might, just because you complained! Read the instructions! It wouldn't take you so long if you just used your eyes! You still have your sight and it baffles me how you choose not to use it to your benefit."

Harry rolls his eyes and sighs playfully, "Would it make you happy if I read the instructions this time?"

Aurelia's struggling to contain her smile. She's actually managed to get it through his stubborn mind that instructions are incredibly helpful. "Yes, it would make me very happy."