twenty-three

"I hope you know that I am determined to win you something, even if it's just a stupid glow stick" Harry comments as he and Aurelia walk away from the ticket booth with their bright pink wristbands.

Aurelia playfully bumps his shoulder, "I knew that before we left the hotel, but thank you for verbally clarifying."

Harry grins, she knows him so well and he absolutely loves it. "You're very welcome, sweetheart. What would you like to ride first? They've got a bunch of spinny things, oh joy, a Ferris wheel, a rollercoaster, please don't say that one, some drop rides, yikes why are all of these terrifying, and then the booths where I plan on spending a ton of money just to win you a prize."

Aurelia hums as she constructs a rough plan in her mind, "Ferris wheel is last for sure. Let's go on a spinny on, you pick."

Harry sighs, he isn't really a fan of carnivals. Everything but the booths either terrifies him or makes him feel sick, but Aurelia wants to have a good time at a carnival with him and that's what she's going to do.

Harry decides to suck it up for the sake of his love because she's far more important than his sill fear of heights. Thankfully, not everything that spins is fast or overly frightening. Harry leads Aurelia to the swings, they can't sit together, but he can sit next to her and hold her hand nonetheless. Plus, it will be moderately relaxing with the light breeze that it generates, or so he hopes.

Aurelia rolls her lips in and tries not to laugh as Harry helps her with her little chain seatbelt. He's such a cutie with his fear of heights and pretty much everything that she finds fun. The swings are really for little kids, but she isn't going to complain because it's nice even though it's a little boring.

Harry holds her hand a little tighter than he usually does as they lift off the ground and Aurelia can't stop herself from laughing.

"What's so funny?"

Aurelia continues to smile, You're doing your tense thing again and we're only on the swings, Harry. We don't have to go on the crazy stuff if you don't want to. I'm okay with the Ferris wheel more than once and the little booths that are set up, I promise."

Harry laughs because that sounds like it will bore her to death. "No, no we're going to do whatever you want to do and I'm going to have fun either way. You've proved to me that it can be done, I just have to warm up a little bit, that's all."

Aurelia smiles and swings her legs like she always does. It's much different up in the air and twirling around slowly and she finds it much more enjoyable. "I actually quite like this, it's very nice. But seriously, just lead me around on the stuff that you can handle first, I pretty much have fun on everything because I can't really see how boring it is."

Harry lets out a small sigh because he really wants her to do what she wants to do. "Aurelia..."

Aurelia holds up her free hand, "Nope, you're not arguing. I want you to be comfortable and honestly, I have fun just being with you. We can sit and eat funnel cake for an hour and then go home and I'll still say that I had a great time. So, you get comfortable and if you don't want to go on anything other than the Ferris wheel, let me know and we'll make our own fun just goofing around."

They're slowing down now, the cool breeze rapidly declining as the swings descend. Harry's voice carries softly despite the loud noises that encompass the space that the carnival is located in and the few blocks surrounding it. "Are you sure? I don't want to hold you back from anything."

Aurelia smiles softly, "Harry, do what you're comfortable with. Don't stress yourself because of me. I want you to have fun and to not be terrified and I always have fun with you. I really don't care what we do, I'm just happy with you."